Long time no see, looking for Warby.

General Biker Banter
Beamish

Long time no see, looking for Warby.

Post by Beamish »

Hello all,
Its been a while since I frequented the site but still keep in touch with some members. just for anyone thats interested I now own a 1993 VFR750 and a 2013 Ducati 848Evo. Pictured below.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am trying to get hold of Warby, I know he bought an SP1 a while back and also had a VFR. Some might remember him and may have his contact details. My mobile number for him no longer works. Hope everyone is doing well and safe riding to all.

:beer:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Beamish

Re: Long time no see, looking for Warby.

Post by Beamish »

I just got back from a 2600 mile european blast on the VFR here are some pics....sorry i just couldnt help but stick em on here.

Happy travels...
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

His last post was Yesterday so still about.
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 22#p293822

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Many thanks, he has now got in touch so a good result. Thanks for the help.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You sorted out the worlds first everlasting auto cct yet?? :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
koko

Post by koko »

Yeah I had one of these vfr 750s. 1993 k reg. Very comfortable ,very underated bike.
NOT SO MEAN,NOT SO LEAN,EX-MAROON MACHINE!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Morning Beamish
Cracking pictures. Good to know you are well and enjoying life :thumbup:
Looks like you have the best of both worlds there with an 848 for playing on and a VFR for the more serious stuff 8)
As the others said, Warby is still about so be patient and I'm sure he will catch up with you if he already hasn't

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

welcome back mate............nice Duke :D
AMcQ
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Kev L wrote:You sorted out the worlds first everlasting auto cct yet?? :lol:
Yes thanks Kev, the CAD design and project got me a distinction and in turn landed me the job I had been after (Geophysical Engineer). Some great help from the guys on here :D
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

koko wrote:Yeah I had one of these vfr 750s. 1993 k reg. Very comfortable ,very underated bike.

You are not wrong Koko, jumped back on the Duke today after over 3000 miles on the VFR......It felt fecking horrible :eek2 20 miles later though it felt sublime :thumbup: I fully intend to take the VFR on many a trip and I also love the V4 growl......nearly as nice as a twin :biggrin
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Pete.L wrote:Morning Beamish
Cracking pictures. Good to know you are well and enjoying life :thumbup:
Looks like you have the best of both worlds there with an 848 for playing on and a VFR for the more serious stuff 8)
As the others said, Warby is still about so be patient and I'm sure he will catch up with you if he already hasn't

Pete.l

Thanks Pete, hope you are well and are still enjoying your bikes :thumbup: That was the plan with the two bikes, I dabbled with an S1000RR for a while but it was too good for me, did Cadwell and Donnington on it and toured Germany and it was incredible but to be honest I wasnt good enough for the bike and on the road it was a jail sentence in the making. The 848 is a cracking track bike and 140BHP is perfect for fast road riding. The VFR was a bargain basement bike that has turned out to be a brilliant buy and I have fallen for it big style.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

AMCQ46 wrote:welcome back mate............nice Duke :D
Thanks mate, good to speak (well type) to you all. :thumbup: