my storm is for sale :(

Moderator: VTRDark

agentpineapple

Re: my storm is for sale :(

Post by agentpineapple »

what if you got some good hard luggage, and your other half can use the top box to lean against, you could even put a pad on it, alastair could sort something out for the seat, maybe even figure out a way of making the seat longer.
but if you have your heart set on a sprint st, then so be it, just make sure you get a test ride before buying, i reckon you'll miss the storms character tho... :thumbdown:
i did 250 popping and burbling miles today, it was great fun, even in the drizzle dodging the eastern european lorry drivers.... :lol:
i can't think of another bike that'll give me the smiles per miles that the storm does..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

A cricketer mate has an a Ducati ST3 for jolly intercontinental two-up jaunts. Another has a KTM but then uses a KLR650 for long distance hauls as if it breaks down he can just dump it and fly home.

As an alternative have you considered the storm powered XL1000V Veradero...
25 litre fuel tank will do 200 miles before going on reserve

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Varader ... 2c72817a44

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Varader ... 3a84d22831
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

I know what you mean AP about the smiles per miles. I have loved her to bits today on our 200mile through the Alpes. All the burbeling when you let off the throttle, the power as you roll on it. It really is an amazing bike but for what I want to start doing (big miles aboard) I need something where I can do the nice sprints through the nice rods but something I can do the 300+ miles on a day where needs be. Bit most of all something just as fun as the storm. I reckon the fun factor will be the biggest gap to fill.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Bit most of all something just as fun as the storm. I reckon the fun factor will be the biggest gap to fill.
You will have to keep the Storm for that. Lets face it anything that is designed for touring is not going to be as fun...well, not in the sports bike sense.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
ernie234

Post by ernie234 »

i sold mine because of the lugarge issues and anyway my blackbird is far more comfy than the storm. when i bought my storm i rang a honda dealer about panniers and the guy a spoke to said the subframe can only take about 10 pounds in wait i suppose thats why givi don't make wing rack for the storm that can take panniers.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

ernie234 wrote:i sold mine because of the lugarge issues and anyway my blackbird is far more comfy than the storm. when i bought my storm i rang a honda dealer about panniers and the guy a spoke to said the subframe can only take about 10 pounds in wait i suppose thats why givi don't make wing rack for the storm that can take panniers.
if i can sit on a storm then another 10lbs of weight from panniers isn't going to make the slightest difference, that person was talking rubbish...... :lol:
its not the subframe thats the problem, its the rear fairing underside mounting lugs snapping, as the weight of soft panniers puts pressure on the plastic lugs.
but seen as these lugs ain't mega important. its no biggie, unlike my butt which is a biggie......... :biggrin
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

agentpineapple wrote:
ernie234 wrote:i sold mine because of the lugarge issues and anyway my blackbird is far more comfy than the storm. when i bought my storm i rang a honda dealer about panniers and the guy a spoke to said the subframe can only take about 10 pounds in wait i suppose thats why givi don't make wing rack for the storm that can take panniers.
if i can sit on a storm then another 10lbs of weight from panniers isn't going to make the slightest difference, that person was talking rubbish...... :lol:
its not the subframe thats the problem, its the rear fairing underside mounting lugs snapping, as the weight of soft panniers puts pressure on the plastic lugs.
but seen as these lugs ain't mega important. its no biggie, unlike my butt which is a biggie......... :biggrin
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have sorted the issue of the bottom lugs. Its the top ones snapping now that I am having trouble with and there not easy to repair. Got to be a wait to sort the issue. Anyway the bike is NO longer for sale but need to sort this problem of the top lugs snapping :think: :think:
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Ckennedy wrote:
agentpineapple wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have sorted the issue of the bottom lugs. Its the top ones snapping now that I am having trouble with and there not easy to repair. Got to be a wait to sort the issue. Anyway the bike is NO longer for sale but need to sort this problem of the top lugs snapping :think: :think:
Ventura luggage ???

Another very interesting system is the Blaze Panier System , by Bags Connection. Have a look at the pics if the Blade set up...I'm sure they could be made to work on the storm somehow. If so, I'd get them like a shot.

http://www.bykebitz.co.uk/motorcycle-lu ... -2007.html
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Those brackets are a cracking idea. I may look into getting some of them and see what happens. Does anyone know the measurements of the blade pillion foot pegs? be interesting to see if there would need any altering.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

Why not just make a set dedicated for the VTR? I haven't bothered, since if I need luggage and a pillion, I take another bike, but it wouldn't really be more than half an hours work to bend a few thin alu tubes and weld them, or some heavy duty wire, to make arms from the passenger peg bolts, and prefferably from the underside of the pillion saddle too, I think...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Tweety wrote:Why not just make a set dedicated for the VTR? I haven't bothered, since if I need luggage and a pillion, I take another bike, but it wouldn't really be more than half an hours work to bend a few thin alu tubes and weld them, or some heavy duty wire, to make arms from the passenger peg bolts, and prefferably from the underside of the pillion saddle too, I think...
Yes I must admit I though that after posting. Surely Some alu tube strategically bent, and flattened and drilled at one end......The blaze ones are quick release though and the bags have pockets for the arms to slide into..Its a good system, the best I've seen for sports bikes.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Ckennedy wrote:Those brackets are a cracking idea. I may look into getting some of them and see what happens. Does anyone know the measurements of the blade pillion foot pegs? be interesting to see if there would need any altering.
I looked long and hard at them a while back, and if the hole centres are the same distance, I cant see them not working.