my storm is for sale :(

Moderator: VTRDark

Ckennedy

my storm is for sale :(

Post by Ckennedy »

It is regret that I am putting my storm up for sale. Thought I would see if anyone on here wants it, I doubt it as most of you have one already :lol: by the time I get back from France it will have around 42k on the clock. Mot and tax until at least the middle of next year. Very good runner. Nice smooth engine and gear box. Had a few mods done, lighten flywheel, wp rear shock, newer model handle bars, piazzo levers, double bubble screen, 6mm spacer on rear shock making it turn in even quicker. And more to the listed.

Riding through France has been great so far but me and the missus just can not stay comfy on the bike with these distances and we both want to come over seas on a bike again, just not this one. So we are going to look into a sprint st 1050 or something similar.

Like I said very sad to be posting this. Making my throte swell as I do. Looking for 1500quid if anyone is interested. I shall have it posted else where when I get back off holiday. Thought is give you lot first dibs :thumbup: any questions please ask. It my take me a day or two to reply though.
agentpineapple

Re: my storm is for sale :(

Post by agentpineapple »

sorry to hear this buddy, did you get the seat retrimmed before you went, because that would makea massive difference, andso would putting renthal handle bars on. don't give up on thestorm just yet buddy.
glad to hear your having a good holiday(apart from the bike that is... :lol: )
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to know your France touring is going well :thumbup: I'm sure the right choice will be made regarding the best solution for two up touring. A/P has made some good suggestions,

Chris.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Nooo :thumbdown:

Best of luck with the sale. I'd snap it up in an instant if I didn't have one already, you do have one of the nicest looking ones here :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Bloody hell CK 8O I didn't think I would see this day, I know how much you love the Storm, and as Virt said it's a very nice example. Can't you just sell the missis instead.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

and to think all that work we did :( best of luck with the sale ck :thumbup:
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:Can't you just sell the missus instead.

(:-})
My thoughts exactly :lol: Download Tor and see what you'll get for her browsing on there. With any luck you'll be able to afford a Sprint ST and keep your storm :thumbup:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

its a bit of a shame, but i guess if you want to do 2 up touring, the storm is not the ideal bike to start out with due to the seat, the fuel range and the limited luggage options. but there are ways if you want to make it happen.

will be a nice bike for the next owner, what with the paint job, and all lloydies handywork
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

My mate that came to France with me on the Blackbird borrowed that bike from his dad. He used it to tour France / Spain at least once a year. Before the BB he had a Sprint and didn't like it. Said it was uncomfortable and so sold it for the BB.

Personally I wouldn't rush into selling the Storm for a couple of reasons. First is the mileage will put people off and you will probably have to sell it very cheap. Second is the fact that you will probably only use it to tour once a year at the very most, next year you may want a beach holiday or something else, and leave the bike at home. It could cost a lot of money changing bike and buying all the proper hard luggage stuff to only use it a week a year.
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I did ~3k on my storm last year when I went touring. My mate was on a blackbird. Other then the fuel range the storm was up to the task just as well. I didn't feel sore at all from riding it, and I'm not exactly average build.

Early next year we are planning on doing a similar trip.

personally I'd just stick with it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

as i said earlier, spend £90 with alastair at elsemade, your seat will be transformed, no more sore butt, then for another £100 or so, you can sort out some risers for the bars, or even a renthal bar set up, you can also look out for a hard luggage set up, they come up on ebay every now and then, you can also put a flip screen on to help with wind buffeting, all these things can be taken on and off for when you want to tour. as for fuel range, it sounds like your ready to stretch your legs after 90/100 miles anyways, but if needs be, i'd carry a litre or two of spare fuel in a pannier/top box, just as a back up, you can also try and find a 19l tank.
don't give up on your bike just yet, its a good'un, if you do bite the bullet and sell it, make a point of the bikes condition being so good, after all when a bike goes beyond 30k condition is by far the most important thing, because 30k might aswell be 60k when it comes to these engines.
good luck with what ever you choose to do buddy.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
chric

Post by chric »

Sell it or keep it as a second bike
sprints not that much better had one on a 51 plate yeah not as bad as a storm but i wouldnt sell storm for one touring wise.
Think there both crap haveing done scotland a few times.
But love storm for what it is different :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
darkember

Post by darkember »

If the price ain't right don't sell it. Keep it as the fun bike & save up for the touring bike. As said before the Blackbird or a decent ZZR1100 will do the job handsomely. For the connoisseur there is always the FJ1100 which again, like the Storm is very underrated and can be picked up cheap.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Believe me I don't want to sell it but the luggage is the biggest problem. I have figured out that the problems ate caused because of the panniers. The missus is sat to far forward because of hem so pushing me forward. Basically the seat is not long enough. I want to find a happy medium where I can jump on it and do some big miles but still have fun in the twisties. I would love to keep her and have something else but I can not afford 2 bikes plus a car :( I have been looking at a sprint st for a while and considered it before getting the storm. I shall see what one is like but as much as I hate to say it and as well as she has been today on our 200mile trip, she has got to go :Cry1: :Cry1:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

That's a shame mate! I'd wait for the price boom after RIDE magazine publish a review on the Storm, could bag yourself some extra Triumph tokens. :)
Jamie :wave: