Cadwell Park - Evening - Sunday 11th August

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

Cadwell Park - Evening - Sunday 11th August

Post by Miztaziggy »

It's my 4 year anniversary with Sarah in August, not wedding or anything, just 4 years since we met.

She has booked me on to this trackday as a present. My brother's 1 year anniversary with his girlfriend is this week, and she has colluded with Sarah to book him on to it too :D

So, as well as Donnington on the 20th August, ill be doing another evening session at Cadwell and I can't wait :)

It's the same format as last time, 2 groups, 4 x 20 minute sessions starting at 5.00pm and finishing at about 8pm, pretty good value for £45.

If anyone else is up for booking onto this, here's the link, it's a weekend date for £45, no excuse not to come and join :lol: :
http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/index. ... 013-detail
Ckennedy

Re: Cadwell Park - Evening - Sunday 11th August

Post by Ckennedy »

Can your missus get in touch with mine?

Me and my missus had our 4 years yesterday and all I got was a weird jigsaw with a photo of us on it with a message. I have to admit good quality and very thoughtful but it's no track day :lol:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Ckennedy wrote:Me and my missus had our 4 years yesterday and all I got was a weird jigsaw with a photo of us on it with a message.
What was the message? Something filthy I hope, so when you put it together, you got a nice surprise? :lol:
mickmickthegeek

Post by mickmickthegeek »

Are you riding the storm on the track?
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I'll get myself booked in on that :D . Cheers for the info, too cheap to pass up. Ill have to rummage out my standard cans for it though.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Steve6088 wrote:I'll get myself booked in on that :D . Cheers for the info, too cheap to pass up. Ill have to rummage out my standard cans for it though.
Excellent :)

Flatty got through testing last time with aftermarket cans on. He had baffles in though I think.

My brother and I will be there about 4pm-4.30pm. Look out for a red blade and a silver ZX636 arriving on a trailer.

Have you done Cadwell before? What group are you going to book into on this one?
neil

Post by neil »

Can't make it that weekend, it will be our 33 years 1 month & 18 days anniversary so I'll be on holiday. Also I will have had my Suzuki GT750 for 33 years 2 months, now that is a celebration!
redvtr
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

All booked and payed for. I have never done a trackday before. Put myself down for novice.

I need to buy some new leather trousers before I go so that they can be zipped in to my top.

I'll be on the red storm. What group are you entered in?
Cant wait!
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Steve6088 wrote:All booked and payed for. I have never done a trackday before. Put myself down for novice.

I need to buy some new leather trousers before I go so that they can be zipped in to my top.

I'll be on the red storm. What group are you entered in?
Cant wait!
My brother and I are both in Novice group again. Let's hope for good weather now. If we get it you will have the time of your life :) Cadwell is mint, really good track I loved it.

Are you riding there steve?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

My flat mate is coming along (I presume you're allowed a guest) so I can chuck my bike in the back of his van with tools. Going to try and pick up some race scrubs for my spare set of wheels and keep pilot roads on my current wheels to be used if it rains.

Should be good. I've learnt the track through youtube videos. I figure this will make things a bit easier for me.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Steve6088 wrote:My flat mate is coming along (I presume you're allowed a guest) so I can chuck my bike in the back of his van with tools. Going to try and pick up some race scrubs for my spare set of wheels and keep pilot roads on my current wheels to be used if it rains.

Should be good. I've learnt the track through youtube videos. I figure this will make things a bit easier for me.
Yes mate youre allowed guests.

See the post re benny's bike parts as there are some race scrubs on there.

And I did the same as you with learning the track, but to be honest, as soon as you get on, it's pointless and all goes out the window. Youtube doesnt show the elevation changes or peripheral visibility very well. When youre on track, some of the corners are much harder than they look. The gentle left just after start finish is quite hard to get right without braking too hard. The sharp left at the bottom of the steep hill is quite hard too, the kerb is really quite raised and you need to avoid it with your bike and your knee. Same for the hairpin in the woods too, the kerb is quite high and the corner much tighter than it looks on youtube.

The best one is the series of right handers after the start finish line. At the end it flicks left quite quickly with no room to level off and brake. Feels really sweet when you nail it just right.

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Loaded the bikes onto the trailer tonight ready for sunday.

Having the bike strapped down, suspension compressed for 4 days wont damage anything will it?

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Not sure if it will cause damage, but I would worry about blowing the seals on the forks and shock so I wouldn't leave mine under full tension for 4 days! I would slacken it off to the minimum to hold it upright, and the strapit down again on Sunday morning before you drive off
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Still on for this Steve?

If so what time you gonna be there? Give me a bell when you get there, will pm my mobile.

Weather forecast is good thankfully...I cant wait now :-)

Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

Track time is fully booked now but I will head over for a rideout tomorrow evening. I'll bring the cammera so pull some mingers over the mountain. !!
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721