help manual ccts?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
whitestorm pete

help manual ccts?

Post by whitestorm pete »

can anyone help me out i need some manual ccts as me bike is layed up at the moment and i need it for work any help would be appreciated :(
If sh1t were money you would be worth a fortune
Wicky

Re: help manual ccts?

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
whitestorm pete

all the valves are fine and she was still running i just didnt want to put honda ones back in if you know what i mean
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

how about doing the stopper mod?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
whitestorm pete

yes there is that i just thought while it was in bits its worth fitting manuals in. im not doing it myself as iv got alot of work on and no time to do it. iv just spoke to bazza and he wont have any done for a couple of weeks :(
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Contact Bazza, manuals & the cheapest option.

IMO stopper mod whilst being even cheaper, i.e. free ! is all well & good but if CCT fails you have to go through the whole rigmarole again fitting new CCT & redoing the mod. Fit Bazza converts once, job done & save some pennies. :thumbup:

Someone will be along shortly to criticize my logic.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

MacV2 wrote:Someone will be along shortly to criticize my logic.

yes, me :D

your logic is sh1t :Ball Kick: ..............did that help?

I see the stopper as a lifetime solution not just an interim fix............if [or when] one of mine fails, I will replace it with a new Auto tensioer with a stopper
AMcQ
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

From » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:18 pm
Rider on a Storm wrote:
ebenviljoen wrote:Do you have any more available mate?
hi, yes have 4 sets available just send a pm for details :thumbup:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:
MacV2 wrote:Someone will be along shortly to criticize my logic.

yes, me :D

your logic is sh1t :Ball Kick: ..............did that help?

I see the stopper as a lifetime solution not just an interim fix............if [or when] one of mine fails, I will replace it with a new Auto tensioer with a stopper
Yeah well if my logic is sh1t how can ''if [or when] one of mine fails, I will replace it with a new Auto tensioer with a stopper'' be any better ? Hardly a '' lifetime solution'' then is it ... :lol:

Sorry Al but surly fitting manuals once is better than the possibility of replacing again & again with a new auto + the stopper mod ? OK they may be a few quid for initial purchase ( Bazza Converts still cheapest option folks remember !) but as you say if & when they fail you still need to purchase a new auto CCT... Sorry but that just doesn't make sense to me logically or financially...

But at the end of the day it's personal choice... Same as why people spend more on Ape or Kriger when Bazza converts are doing the same thing for much less spondolies !

Mac.

Can I please have my commission now Bazza... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by MacV2 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I've got RoaS manuals on mine. Highly recommend them. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRdH

Post by VTRdH »

Have the Krieger cct sets in stock, not cheapest option but 100 % quality and delivered with gaskets and instruction.
As far as I know they are the only manual cct's with a rubber "o" ring as a seal.
:D
Distributor KRIEGER manual cct's
VTR parts supplier worldwide
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Mac .... agree its personal preference, but the stopper gives you a technical solution where the rest of the tensioner functions in the way Honda planned and that is why I will keep an auto tensioner in my bikes.........and with teh stopper it is foolproof.

on the other side of the coin, I have seen 1 bike fail with the manual CCT vibrating loose resulting in bent valves and another 2 bikes where it was caught just in time and this would not have happend with the stopper, and thats not to mention the ones that are over tightened and screetching due to metal on metal contact when starting 8O

They have all got their merits, the important thing is to fix the CCT and dont just ride in hope, but I still favour the improved standard concept and being an old codger I dont figure on changing my views anytime soon.........unless I forget and then you can tell me that I was always a manual CCT fan and I will believe you :lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Mac .... agree its personal preference, but the stopper gives you a technical solution where the rest of the tensioner functions in the way Honda planned and that is why I will keep an auto tensioner in my bikes.........and with teh stopper it is foolproof.

on the other side of the coin, I have seen 1 bike fail with the manual CCT vibrating loose resulting in bent valves and another 2 bikes where it was caught just in time and this would not have happend with the stopper, and thats not to mention the ones that are over tightened and screetching due to metal on metal contact when starting 8O

They have all got their merits, the important thing is to fix the CCT and dont just ride in hope, but I still favour the improved standard concept and being an old codger I dont figure on changing my views anytime soon.........unless I forget and then you can tell me that I was always a manual CCT fan and I will believe you :lol:
Next week then... BTW where's that 20 quid you owe me ? Tuesday I think Simon, time for breakfast...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I thought you still owed me £20 and where was that Hat I ordered :D
AMcQ
Virt

Post by Virt »

AMCQ46 wrote:I thought you still owed me £20 and where was that Hat I ordered :D
Since you no doubt would have ordered yellow you'll probably have to wait a couple of years
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement