Revived with 2nd bike

General Biker Banter
T8ull

Revived with 2nd bike

Post by T8ull »

Funny how things work out. I bought myself a Triumph Tiger 1050 the other week, real minter, full triumph luggage, 56 plate 13k miles. Not only has it got me out and enjoying bikes again, but the punch line
is I enjoy the Firestorm even more now after riding the upright, squelchy, mile munching Triumph that does anything long distance with a canter. An hour on the Firestorm today was an absolute delight. The position seems radical, the bike tiny, I feel all the bumps through my body, but grinning from ear to ear was a real treat. Probably riding it faster due to the confidence gained on the Tiger with its hugely wide bars and impeccable manners. So the point I am making is if you can afford it, and have the space get another bike to keep the Firestorm company in the kennel. You won't regret it. Selling the Firestorm? You gotta be kidding.
Plus I wouldn't turn up to a bike event on a Tiger would I.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Tim
.........So far, so good, so what!
VTRDark

Re: Revived with 2nd bike

Post by VTRDark »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Yeh nothing beats having a ride on a totally different bike to appreciate what ones got. I love my Storm, the grunt, the sound and the fun. I just need to learn to lift my left foot up a bit when going into corners :roll: I scraped the side of my Sidi boot today. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
darkember

Post by darkember »

Just raised the bars on my Storm as Im tired of stretching my neck & looking through the scratched & blurry portion of the top of the visor. Really happy with the result even though the wind catches me a little more, just reminds me of my naked days :D
Opel

Post by Opel »

Had a similar experience with a 955 Tiger but the contrast was the same. The only issue I had with the Triumph was its size… damn huge and I’m not. Had it for four years though, some of which overlapped with the storm… wonderful machine.

I still have a second bike though… my Firestorm is complimented with the ‘go around the world’ in total comfort and with the utmost reliability.. Kawasaki GT750. Old but the ultimate practical bike that I struggle to fault... in any regard. 8)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

darkember wrote:Just raised the bars on my Storm as Im tired of stretching my neck & looking through the scratched & blurry portion of the top of the visor. Really happy with the result even though the wind catches me a little more, just reminds me of my naked days :D
Same :thumbup: Makes the storm a great all rounder and no slower onthe fast stuff and easly faster on the slow stuff...... And it is now possible to ride a 5/10ths and look a the scenery if you fancy, without your wrists complaining about it
AMcQ
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

darkember wrote:Just raised the bars on my Storm as Im tired of stretching my neck & looking through the scratched & blurry portion of the top of the visor. Really happy with the result even though the wind catches me a little more, just reminds me of my naked days :D
where and what kit did you get to do that with please. I need that doing i think, i love the bike but at 54 i have had a bit of wrist ache, i did do 314 miles last sat though. :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

I agree completely - that's why I have the TDM900 for touring and the Storm for blatting.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Stratman wrote:I agree completely - that's why I have the TDM900 for touring and the Storm for blatting.
yep there good bikes too, ive had a TRX 850 and that was great fun. :D
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!