Dads

General Biker Banter
seb421

Dads

Post by seb421 »

My dad had to get rushed to hospital monday with a suspected heart attack (turned out not to be one but they say hes very close)

He's at the doctors today for something and a four week sick note they said on the phone :eek2

got me thinking about all the memories i have with him

most of which i can only remember him in a fit of rage

i once watched him strangle the hoover

throw a spade through the back window of his Audi (he was aiming for my head and i ducked thank wombles)

throw a VCR outside and then proceeded to jump on it after it chewed up one of his old tennis videos

threw a laptop out of his moving car when the sat nav wombles up, around mid 90's before tomtom was big and all that

spitting at the TV and ranting during some hated Man U games (this is why i avoided football and went out when ever it was on tv)

kicked my door though and climbed through the hole he had made, turned out it was my brother he was after for something he had done and not me but can't remember

i can't remember many fun times other than watching F1 when i was a kid and a few bike races and a few the other year with him that was a pleasant day

my best memory of my dad was when we went for a bike ride (push irons) up the lakes last year, granted i thought my heart was going to explode but it was a great day

before he turned 40 he was like my best mate when i was young every year his job seems to get harder and he just gets more stressed and with my bother in the house every day is a struggle

he's still lying thieving and everything else hence the need for a camera in the garage as much for watching him as burglars lol
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
Eclectic

Re: Dads

Post by Eclectic »

Families, eh. Arent they great...

But they are the only ones we have x

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It's time to get some new memories to balance the ranting rage. Getting out on your gixer and him on his blade and go for a tour of the uk :thumbup:

Reminds me I must phone my mum
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

stress is a killer, how old is your dad seb, my old man died of a heart attack at 41, i was only 15, i still miss him, hopefully your dad will calm down after this scare. i bet you have some nice memories of riding together...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
popkat

Post by popkat »

can see where you got the idea of smashing your tv screen now :lol:

Hope he gets better and starts looking after his health, we're only here once.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

can see where you got the idea of smashing your tv screen now
I was just thinking that. :lol:

My old man has been through a similar thing recently and is now wearing some device from the hospital that is monitoring his heart. I know heart disease is a killer but I do wonder how involved the hospitals are with the drug companies that are dishing out the meds. It's seems to me they are too quick to just dish out Simvastatin or similar which is a nasty drug with some awful side effects, I would rather smoke puff and de-stress. They dish out the meds all too easily.

Tell you dad it's time for a lifestyle change. Send him off to do Tai Chi, meditation or something. :lol: Seriously though that is the only answer and then he can turn things around. Watch what your eating, keep fit and find a way off dealing with stress and not fly off the handle so easily.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Have you ever thought of becoming a life coach or maybe motivational speaking!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:I would rather smoke puff and de-stress

(:-})
From what I hear you didn't even need a heart condition to do that :lol: Why would having one make any difference? Some people are so adamantly against narcotics they'd take anything but
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Whoa Nelly

Post by Whoa Nelly »

Second Al's suggestion of getting him out on the bike. Sounds like spending time with him away from the things that stress him would be good for both of you. Good luck Seb, families can be hell.

I did wonder how long people had to own a Gixxer before they become completely furious. Have you got the shaved head & no neck yet? :D

Kev L wrote:Have you ever thought of becoming a life coach or maybe motivational speaking!!! :lol:
I was going to be a motivational speaker. But I couldn't be arsed.
WN! '99 Firestorm, furry dice & 2lbs of dead insects
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Baboom Tish! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darkember

Post by darkember »

Your lucky he he still here. Life is very fragile & once its gone, its gone forever. I would take this as a blessing & gives you time to get closer to the ones you love 8)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

in 2003 i went to the "ace cafe" in london for a blast with some mates, they had some old pics of the late 50,s and early 60,s on show. I was most suprised to see a pic of my Dad on a Norton with a ducks butt hair do and leather kecs, when i asked him about it he had always had bikes but my mum hated them so he didnt tell me much about it when i was younger.We spent the last few years of his life discussing this at every oppurtuinity( yes spelt wrong) from then on until he sadly passed on. Still maeks me think on though.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

As my dad passed away 15yrs ago this there'd reminded me to do 2 things.

1) Phone my mum more often, as she lives 300miles away

2) make sure my kids have good memories of me as they are 21 and 16

So I called my mum and then took my youngest girl out on the back of my bike and went off to Stratford for an icecream, and we had a good natter on the intercom and it took her mind off revision for GCSEs :thumbup:

Cheers Seb
AMcQ