IPL

General Biker Banter
Jazzscot

IPL

Post by Jazzscot »

Right, I know I'm going to get slated here but I don't care. Being a Scotsman we a bred to hate cricket and any mention of it in a social setting is looked down at with severe disdain.

I have been off on holiday for the last couple of weeks and have spent my mornings and early afternoons being very productive. I have even managed to get out on the bike a few times.

Anyways I have been watching the IPL matches pretty much every day and I sorry to say I reckon addicted to it.
It is the way cricket should be played. Sod this 5 days for a match nonsense the 20/20 version is superb.

That's all.

Jazz :beer:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Kev L

Re: IPL

Post by Kev L »

Tis a day of revelations, so it be. I heard tell of a Scotyist who liked cricket and Irn Bru was made in England! Its against all thats Holy!!!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cricket is shite.
ranks just below golf in my opinion. even underneath football and batton twirling.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Kev L wrote:Tis a day of revelations, so it be. I heard tell of a Scotyist who liked cricket and Irn Bru was made in England! Its against all thats Holy!!!! :lol:
I did a bit of research about seb's irn bru claims. Turns out it wasn't made in England but was packaged in the canning plant.

Benny I used to have the same feelings as you till about 10 days ago. I'm guessing my tastes are changing as I get older.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Rob

Post by Rob »

I used to love playing cricket but find it boring to watch.

I seem to remember another Scot (Frankie Boyle) saying that Cricket is a "homosexual martial art" in Scotland.

:lol:
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Wicky will be along shortly to defend the English summer passtime.

I don't mind watching the highlight myself TBH but woudn't sit & watch a 5 day test match.

Golf is the lowest form of boredom IMO. Although I quite like the trousers.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MacV2 wrote:Wicky will be along shortly to defend the English summer passtime.

I don't mind watching the highlight myself TBH but woudn't sit & watch a 5 day test match.

Golf is the lowest form of boredom IMO. Although I quite like the trousers.
+4 s
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

how does the song go.....

i don't like cricket, oooh no, nah niether do i..... :lol:

the 20/20 stuff is ok, can't be arsed with tests tho, i used to love golf, i got a 15 handicap years ago, much more fun playing it, i can't stand watching it tho, only the ryder cup is watchable, because we stuff the yanks....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Jazzscot wrote:
Kev L wrote:Tis a day of revelations, so it be. I heard tell of a Scotyist who liked cricket and Irn Bru was made in England! Its against all thats Holy!!!! :lol:
I did a bit of research about seb's irn bru claims. Turns out it wasn't made in England but was packaged in the canning plant.

Benny I used to have the same feelings as you till about 10 days ago. I'm guessing my tastes are changing as I get older.

are you sure it was only canned? wombles whole area stank of the stuff

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=north+ ... .07,,0,5.7

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/bus ... 109.print/

thats a lot of heads to can drinks didn't think that many people dank the skank, yuck
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
playerone

Post by playerone »

Ah irn bru, the perfect hangover cure :thumbup:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

WTF is wrong with you Jazz- are you suffering from concussion since your last game? Or missing shouting at work too much.
If I knew you were that board I would have dropped my bike off and you could have given it an overhaul for when summer eventually comes.
Next you'll be last seen on a deckchair in Falkland or freukie drinking pims!!
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Mmmmm Pimms now there's an idea :beer:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

grumpyfrog wrote:WTF is wrong with you Jazz- are you suffering from concussion since your last game? Or missing shouting at work too much.
If I knew you were that board I would have dropped my bike off and you could have given it an overhaul for when summer eventually comes.
Next you'll be last seen on a deckchair in Falkland or freukie drinking pims!!

Oh and its Fruchie :cool2
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

What have you done to the real Jazz. Has your account been taken over by the asylum. Next you'll be playing hockey this summer.
Not. Pimms but I'm sure I've a bottle of Hendricks somewhere.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I actually think normal service has been resumed this afternoon the IPL was on again but I didn't watch it.

Iv been watching the Melrose 7s and drinking this
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good