New owner

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Gazfirestormowner

New owner

Post by Gazfirestormowner »

Hi all yesterday I took delivery of my first firestorm taxed it this morning so ready to get out on it just wanted to say hello to all members who I no doubt will be asking for a lot of help and information from in the future. It's a 1998 bike which I swapped for my cbf125 dealer was a bit shocked at me going from a 125 to a 1000cc but the cbf was no fun lol.
Ckennedy

Re: New owner

Post by Ckennedy »

Hello and welcome Gaz. Where abouts in the world are you?

Yes I would be a bit shocked too, going from a 125 to a thou. Then again each to our own. Least I had a sv650 between :lol:

You be careful on that bike. I am sure you will enjoy it.

Make sure you read up about the CCT mod and all the others that will make they bike just that little more relible.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Yep that's a big step up, take it easy dude.

Welcome to the forum. Have good read through the workshop knowlagbase and there are plenty of people here for help and advice. :thumbup:

:beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Gazfirestormowner

I have had big bikes before but bought the cbf to commute to work to save a bit of fuel but been back on the road gave me the bug lol. I have been reading up on the cct mod but can't find anyone who has put how to actually do it although I understand the principle behind it. I will definitely be doing the mod or hopefully find someone who knows how to do it for me. I am in the uk midlands.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Greetings

The Workshop Knowledgebase > http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=31

See above for DIY fitting modded CCTs (stopper/manuals) also as you have a 98 check the R/R to see if its an unfinned failure prone version or if it's been upgraded to later finned one.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome aboard, might be sunny this weekend :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Welcome to the mad house fella. Enjoy your stay.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hi dude
if you post where you live, you might find a willing forum member to help you out with any mods that need doing.... :thumbup:
but mostof all have fun, i've just seen the weather for this weekend....sun possible 18 degree's............ :cool2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Gazfirestormowner

Hi all just been for a spin and all is exceptional but here's a question the advert for the bike said it was a uk bike with full power might seem dumb but I had a go on my mates firestorm a few year ago but mine seems a lot fitter bout pulled my arms off at quarter throttle do u think its been tuned in any way it has standard pipes.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

More likely you have just forgot what it was like to ride. I wouldn't have thought with standard cans it would have been modified. Usually the cans are the first things to be changed. Again of you get another stormer to look at it you may gain some more insight. I'm on mine on saturday possibly with a feller stormer. Depending where in the midlands you are we might be able to set up a meet
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i doubt it mate.
see if it has an aftermarket filter in. k&n/pipercross/bmc
this might be a sign that its had a dynojet kit fitted and at some point in the past it had a pair of fruity cans. its very rare to find a tuned engine, it costs big money and the returns aren't that great, its more likely that you've got yourself a very healthy standard bike........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
dragonback

Post by dragonback »

Hi and welcome aboard dude :beer:
DOES THIS RAG SMELL LIKE CHLOROFORM TO YOU ?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club fella.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
darkember

Post by darkember »

Hi there & welcome. BTW follow the link on this forum to do the CCT's. DO NOT use the Haynes manual as it is not correct :thumbup: