Which browser are you using?

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
Virt

Re: Which browser are you using?

Post by Virt »

Rob wrote:Waterfox.

64bit build of Firefox. Supposed to be quicker but I doubt it's noticeable. I just like to be different and rarely use Windows anyway.
It will only be quicker if you have a million tabs open :p 64 bit allows it to access more than 4gb ram if necessary and nothin else. It won't make any difference to the average user :)
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Rob

Post by Rob »

http://www.waterfoxproject.org/benchmarks.php

Shows Waterfox performance.

I'm not claiming any advantages for Waterfox - just throwing it in as most people probably haven't heard of it.
'02 VTR1000-FY Yellow.
'12 Moto Guzzi Griso 8V SE Tenni.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Waterfox.

64bit build of Firefox
Tenfourfox for one of my non 64bit machines. Same thing a firefox build by third party comp. Even Mozilla started not supporting older systems. :(

Don't you just love open source. :)

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

lloydiecbr wrote:I use chrome and never had an issue. With it yet .
You have the computer geeks and you have the ones that don't know better. :lol: :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

cybercarl wrote:Firefox is popular because it is open source and there is a vast amount of add on/extensions that can be added to it. Though too many can slow it down and some may cause conflicts. It's also very secure and is independent from the the rest of the system. In other words it does not need to install things in various folders across your system folder/main operating system to function. Opera is also open source but does not have as many add ons/extensions available as Firefox.

Sorry to hear your having more than browser problems. It's not nice when something goes tits up. You may have to find a way of reverting back.

Cheers carl for the info about Firefox.
Thanks also for the support on my other pc issue. I have tried using system restore and have even gone back as far as I could.
I managed to reinstall an early version of Avast anti-virus software, but obviously I would like to have the latest version. Perhaps it's to do with my old Windows XP home edition.

Interesting Rob, I had not heard of Waterfox before. When I eventually upgrade to my 64bit version I may have a look into that.

Chris.

PS. I've just seen your latest reply Carl, I had not heard of Tenfourfox either.