Greetings!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
weasel

Greetings!

Post by weasel »

Hi everyone,

My name is Gav, from Staffordshire, and I've just become the proud owner of a 2003 Firestorm (in yellow). It's only my second bike. I passed my 2 years ago and almost two years to the day I bought a Suzuki 650 Bandit, which was great as a first big bike. I became bored of it though so I've part ex'd it in for the Firestorm. So, I'm gutted that it's done nothing but snow for the past few days.

I've been reading up for the last few weeks and I intended to address the cct issue as soon as possible, so any advice on that would be welcome....

I'll post pics as soon as I can figure out how to!

Cheers for now,

Gav
Virt

Re: Greetings!

Post by Virt »

Welcome to the Forum!
You're in a very similar position to me in some ways. I'll be going onto my storm after riding a '99 600 hornet. Practically the same bike minus 50cc's.
Workshop should have the information you look for, although I'm sure plenty of more experienced people on this than me could add some information and help you with CCT's

Also, to add an image to a post upload it to a website such as imgur, then paste the URL of the image (including the file extension, or it won't work) between (IMG) and (/IMG) but with [] rather than ()
Last edited by Virt on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Welcome aboard buddy
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Hello mate, and welcome to the club.
Stick your location in your profile and you may find you have folk local to you to point you in the right direction.
Good luck with your Storm, brilliant bike. :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club young man, when the snow is gone you will have great fun, but till then have a good read.

I will be having a workshop day in Solihull about April time, so if you haven't sorted your CCTs by then you can come along and get shown what to do.
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Welcome to the forum :beer:

Well done on having a read up. In case you haven't seen these pages, here some cct links.

You can either go for the stop mod http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 31&t=19416 Which is the Honda auto CCT's that are converted to a fail safe. So when it does fail, it don't cause damage. They will then need replacing.
Or
You go for the full manual conversion, your options are here http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 16&t=22720

Then with regards to fitting View Topic View Topic http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8326

The Storm is a bit different from a Bandit so take it easy to begin with and get used to it. Great bike and lots of fun :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

welcome in mate. good choice of bike :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
weasel

Post by weasel »

Thanks everyone! :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

welcome to the forum buddy........... :wave:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Welcome aboard please take a seat refreshments will be along shortly :-)
And enjoy your journey
alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Welcome, you will find this is a friendly place :wink:
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
weasel

Post by weasel »

Here's the bike. I've only taken the one picture at the moment. I've had no other opportunity with all this bloody snow!

The additional stickers will be coming off asap!

alternative_vtr

Post by alternative_vtr »

Very nice and clean, yes de-sticker it. I plan on getting out a bit more on my bike this year,hoping to go to the next workshop day in the midlands (mainly to lend a hand with the basic stuff)
KTM Duke 690ABS in White
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Gav :thumbup:

A tidy looking bike you have there.
Just be careful you don't lock the back wheel up when changing down to early (as going into 2nd or 1st gear) at a roundabout for instance. I was caught out twice doing that coming from an inline 4 cylinder bike on my Firestorm test ride.

Now where have I seen that number 46 before :eh: :lol:

Chris.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Very tidy bike, may have to consider re-spraying it though. Otherwise you might struggle keeping up with the elite group of black owners :wink:
Stickers don't look too bad on it though, it's not so bad that they cover the bike completely.
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement