concrete 5 CMS

Please use this forum to ask our resident IT geeks advice.
VTRDark

concrete 5 CMS

Post by VTRDark »

Anyone here use the Concrete 5 Content Management. I'm just looking for some user feedback outside of the developer site itself. I have tried other content management systems over the years and have found myself getting frustrated with them in one way or another. Just had a good read through the Concrete site and it seems to good to be true. What's the catch I ask myself. The pro's seem pretty obvious but what's the cons, there must some negatives about it that I am overlooking.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: concrete 5 CMS

Post by sirch345 »

I don't know if this is any help Carl :eh:
http://www.johnfaulds.com.au/journal/cm ... concrete5/

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Have you tried Joomla? Steep learning curve but does everything and more....
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks Chris I shall have a read through that review later. I shall also do some searches for more external reviews as it's looking quite promising at the moment. I just wish there was more hours in the day and night so I had time for some proper sleep. My head is hurting now (banging headache) from lack of sleep and too much time in front of the screen, here there and everywhere. :roll:

Wicky I have not tried joomia as of yet as webdesignerdepot have said to avoid.
http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/01 ... right-cms/
I should have a quick flick through their site and have a read through though before I rule it out totally.

I subscribed to the sample trial of C5 tonight and had a play around. The UI is lovely and clean, very intuitive. I just need to dig a little deeper and see what modules/plug ins they have for free and what costs money. I also want to see how easy it is to integrate their PHP into my own layouts and any external JQuery scripts that are not part of any modules. It's caught my interest but I want to explore other options before I take the full plunge. I've used Wordpress in the past but I find it's a bit deep, too big and a lot to sift through. Also It's too blog orientated for my liking and needs.

"oh my god look at the time already" and there me going on about not enough hours. Before I know it the first plane will come over at around 5.45am. That will be my calling card to go to bed for a few hours :lol: my sleeping pattern is al over the place at the moment. :silent:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Lol Joomla = Evil (written in 2009 :whatever )

It can be cryptic and challenging at times, but I've always managed to hammer something out to my clients satisfaction. Self-taught, my only previous experience of making websites was with Pagemill, GoLive, Dreamweaver and some hand-coding, CSS javascript etc on static sites but database driven sites like Joomla were an eye-opener and admittedly it takes perseverance to get to grips with it- now I don't use anything else for ease of control and productivity. Plenty of free components and modules, for forums, galleries, forms etc or what ever my clients demand for their sites. And some very good extras that only cost a nominal amount - that the client pays for anyway.

A bit like Photoshop to the uninitiated can be intimidating, however I've taught clients to publish on their own sites and generally maintain them themselves, with only minimal support.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts