axle adjuster

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: axle adjuster

Post by VTRDark »

The only bobbins I have on my bike are used as spacers on my exhaust hangers. They also double up as somewhere for a bungee to attach. I use an Abbastand for working on the rear. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

tony.mon wrote:I found a company who did make aftermarket adjusters for Storms, but iirc they were about £100.
Cheaper to do the blade arm mod.
Wish I'd kept the leftover bits of various Blade arms I've used to chop the brace off, as it's an easy welding job at the same time as welding the brace on....
Tony, do you remember who manufactured the aftermarket chain adjusters?

I'd really like some nice machined ones, particularly the type which extend back and down.

P.s I'm still enough of a yoof to wear skinny jeans... so I don't have the flares problem Image

Jamie :wave:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Sorry, I don't recall who that was. Try Gilles?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

tony.mon wrote:Sorry, I don't recall who that was. Try Gilles?
Thanks Tony,

I spoke to Gilles and they haven't produced any chain adjusters that will fit the Storm Image

I've been trying to figure out a way I could make some at home, but I just don't have the tools for anything remotely precise.

Jamie :wave:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The idea of using sections of a fireblade arm still appeals- you could also shorten the storm swingarm a little to help with faster changes of direction. You'd also need fewer chain links, so saving a bit more weight.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.