Tattooing

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Tattooing

Post by StormingHonda »

My wifes buying me a tattoo kit, for an early christmas present, my friend says I can tattoo him all over with anything I like.

Any tips?.
lloydie

Re: Tattooing

Post by lloydie »

:lol: :lol: a big W on each butt cheek :lol: :lol:
playerone

Post by playerone »

Buy some pork joints to practice on, pig skin is allegedly very similar to human skin :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

But do a good job otherwise they will lock you up. :roll:

Your friend is either brave or mad :eek2

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
rob...

Post by rob... »

StormingHonda wrote:My wifes buying me a tattoo kit, for an early christmas present, my friend says I can tattoo him all over with anything I like.

Any tips?.
get her to get you something else instead. far too many scratchers out there already.
if you're serious, get an apprenticeship at a local studio.
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
rob...

Post by rob... »

playerone wrote:Buy some pork joints to practice on, pig skin is allegedly very similar to human skin :thumbup:
no it's not.
practice on yourself, if you must.
When subjected to an electrical voltage of at least 50 volts, a cat's tail always points toward the north.
Phimosis

Post by Phimosis »

Practice on your soles of your feet the least painful place apparently.... :roll:
She told me she was 16.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

rob... wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:My wifes buying me a tattoo kit, for an early christmas present, my friend says I can tattoo him all over with anything I like.

Any tips?.
get her to get you something else instead. far too many scratchers out there already.
if you're serious, get an apprenticeship at a local studio.
The problem is I work full time, so I dont have the time for an aprenticeship, my art skills arent bad and I like to do stuff by the book in regards to sterilisation and health side of it, I will study all this before I even go near my friends back, but it doesnt look hard to tattoo.
Murv

Post by Murv »

I'm with Rob, I don't think home tattooing is a great idea.
There's a lot to learn about blood borne pathogens etc, a proper autoclave is about the only way of dealing with those and even then they need regular spore testing to ensure that they're working.
With all that on top of preparing a properly sterile work area I think it would get very expensive.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

StormingHonda wrote:
The problem is I work full time, so I dont have the time for an aprenticeship, my art skills arent bad and I like to do stuff by the book in regards to sterilisation and health side of it, I will study all this before I even go near my friends back, but it doesnt look hard to tattoo.
And that is the biggest downfall there is. You may be a fantastic artist but tattoo work and drawing on canvas or paper is a completely different ball game. As said above, Pork joints, get practicing and before you even attempt to ruin someone elses body practice on yourself. Your thighs are a great place to start on your first person tattoo. You'll find skin behaves strangely when your poking needles into it at around 190 times a second.

It takes years as an apprentice before they will even let you get near a person.

That said, good luck with it.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

And dont forget the public liability insurance. :lol:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Murv wrote:I'm with Rob, I don't think home tattooing is a great idea.
There's a lot to learn about blood borne pathogens etc, a proper autoclave is about the only way of dealing with those and even then they need regular spore testing to ensure that they're working.
With all that on top of preparing a properly sterile work area I think it would get very expensive.
The health aspect of it it what I am really going to look into before I even think about tattooing my mate, hes already said that he understands its all on his head if something goes wrong, but I dont want anything to go wrong.

I'm quite maticulous and have a do it right attitude to anything.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

pinkyfloyd wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
And that is the biggest downfall there is. You may be a fantastic artist but tattoo work and drawing on canvas or paper is a completely different ball game. As said above, Pork joints, get practicing and before you even attempt to ruin someone elses body practice on yourself. Your thighs are a great place to start on your first person tattoo. You'll find skin behaves strangely when your poking needles into it at around 190 times a second.

It takes years as an apprentice before they will even let you get near a person.

That said, good luck with it.
I'm going to start with tattoo canvas then pork skin before I touch anyone.
Murv

Post by Murv »

Fair enough mate, look forward to seeing some of your work :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

a mate of mine is a tattoist, he did most of his own tats on his body, including homer simpsons face on his knob...... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!