whats your winter project going to be?

General Bike chat
AMCQ46

whats your winter project going to be?

Post by AMCQ46 »

now the nights are closing in and people are putting their bikes on SORN, its time to get on with those winter projects.

I know last year I was going to swap my engine over to to the spare one to see if the vibration was better, but I never got round to it!!!!!

So to try and motivate and make sure lazy feckers like me dont have anywhere to hide, you need to post up your ambitions here and come spring we can see who kept true to the plan :lol:

for me I am going to do the engine swap and also make up a new top yoke conversion to try out Renthal flat bars.

I still have the braced swingarm to do as well, but I notice some pictures on the superhawk site where the guy had also plated the area between the brace and the arm, and that made it look a lot meatier, so I want to try that.

Should be enough to be going on with..........I bet I only get 1 of the 3 done by next yr!
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Re: whats your winter project going to be?

Post by grumpyfrog »

Movin house- findin a live hot water bottle :erection: - burn lots of wood....... watch Boz screw up his blade. find a cheap thrasher
On the ride front:
Fit VFR bars, front springs, rear shock. clean, clean and clean.
Are you breaking your spare engine, as really thinking about the lightened fly wheel :?
mmm and fattenin up :Beer Popcorn:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

For me it's getting the spare flywheel lightened .
Deep clean the bike .
New tyres
New clutch
New chain and sprockets
And if I have money left power coating frame
geodude

Post by geodude »

I've secured a deal for the DRZ400SM and the dirt kit, but still awaiting the cash.

To start with it will be swapping out the SM gear on the DRZ turning it into a dirt monster. Then, if the right storm comes along, it'll be making sure everything is done on it and trying to source a good bar conversion kit for da renthals

I feel my new storm will be a fair weather bike this time rather than the 37000 miles in under 2 years all weather jobbie I had before :)
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't know about winter project but it's ongoing list of stuff to do. Next will be new tyres, then I need to be thinking about sorting the forks out. New springs, seals and a coat of paint should do. I would also like to get my frame and swingarm painted. Swingarm may have to wait until I have a braced one. Be interesting to see what you have planned there Al. Have you got the superhawk link? While the swingarm is off it will be a good time to do the linkages and put grease nipples on them. :thumbup: I've also got to paint the forks and swingarm on my Fazer too.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

winter? what winter?

just bought me some of these puppies :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Unisex-Ba ... 43adfc6c88
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Won't the battery pack get in the way of the top of you boots or are they bed socks. :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Image :thumbup:
benny hedges wrote:winter? what winter?

just bought me some of these puppies :thumbup:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Unisex-Ba ... 43adfc6c88
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cybercarl wrote:Won't the battery pack get in the way of the top of you boots or are they bed socks. :lol:

dont know - dont think so cos i got vertigos with adjustable calfs. i'll let you know in a day or 2 when they arrive :)
i'll wear them on the outside if i have to lol!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
templ8

Post by templ8 »

Homebrew is going to be my winter project, never done one before but have just bought the equipment and an ipa kit to start.

Anyone know of some crates kicking about ?, need a couple to put my brews in :geek:
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

My winter project will be to try to buy a car so that I can get the bike SORN :lol: After that I do not know yet
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

well i just fitted a cheapo black double bubble screen because i wanted to see what it was like. also tightened my chain up a bit.

guess i,m slightly less ambitious than you lot.

it will not be getting sorned though ! plenty of bright sunny winter days to go for a blast :plainsmile :plainsmile .
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Get the Ducati on the road
scott02464

Post by scott02464 »

Mines to get my loft conversion built and extension! Shouldn't be proper winter tho, that would be silly!
mattster

Post by mattster »

My winter list currently stands as follows:
- Refurb Wheels (undecided between gold, black + red rimtape or OEM dark grey/anthracite)
- Fit shock spacer (had it for a year now, never fitted)
- Fit white vinyl wrap to the fairing around headlight
- Fit replacement oil cooler pipes (new OEM)
- Change oil + filter
- Change plugs
- Make downpipes shiny shiny, get the holes welded up
- Balance Carbs
- Set TPS to 500 (or as near as damnit)
- Find a replacement bolt for the fuel cap surround (still the pesky tiny wee bolt evades me...)
- Give it a well deserved clean/polish.

I also need to sell a Yamaha Thundercat and a Honda Cityfly (125).... anyone in need of a spare bike to run about on? :wave: