High level, Low level...

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Fester

High level, Low level...

Post by Fester »

At some point, after gettin the suspension sorted out, am gonna put some different cans on the Storm (road leagl ones :oops: ) and from what I've seen most come as either high or low level. Being a bit thick, can someone give me a general idea about how they differ please? Are the low ones just a straight swap for what I got, whereas the high level will be pretty much like the photo on this discussion board (above)?

Any potential problems with high levels? I quite like the BlueFlame Evo3s, but aren't ruling any out just yet :wink:

Many thanks
fester
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

road legal, wots that then

try ebay, i think there is a £1300 moriwaki titanium system on there :lol:

Del.
steve trow

Post by steve trow »

Del,
for £1300 i would want a firestorm to go with the cans!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O :? :lol: and a years fully comp....

Ho Ho!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Mate, £1300 new but currently at £500, ummmmmmmmm :lol:

Del.
Hooner

Highs and Lows..........

Post by Hooner »

...the only difference in my opinion mate is.............if you want to carry luggage and the like...with high levels you can`t have throw-over panniers etc...with lows you can....
I have some low level ART ovals...they`re really good value for money and sound feckin awsome.... 8O .but..having seen the MIG high levels..i might just be tempted to exchange them soon........ :)
Ride it like ya stole it !
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Hooner, that's your commision gone, trying to sell me bloody moriwaki system and all you can say is art and migs. You pay for quality now be quiet please else I'm gonna sulk.

Del. :cry:
Hooner

Post by Hooner »

Del.......what can i say... :oops: sorry mate.........

it`s a matter of finance for most of us....i`d love the pipes you`re selling...BUT..the wife and kiddies might complain about the lack of food in the freezer....either that or i`d be divorced before tea time tommorow....hee hee........... :D
I must admit though..the MIGs look as though they arnt quite finished..but sound great and not so loud as the ARTs....
Fester

Cans

Post by Fester »

So I was right, the high levels are like the ones in the pic above (noone has confirmed :? )

All fit easily enuff do they?

Sorry Del, getting the suspension sorted will clear me out, so no chance of coughing up for a zorst system as desirable as yours m8! 8O
fester
Hooner

Post by Hooner »

sorry fester...yes you`re right..the high levels are like the piccy at the top of the page....low levels are like standard pipes using the same line etc along the bike...
Most high and low level pipes use the same mounting points, so should be relatively easy to fit...
Fester

cans

Post by Fester »

No worries :D

But high level means binning the original indicators presumably? Meaning diddy invisible ones instead? :?
fester
cashy

hi's lows

Post by cashy »

Fester, the MIGs shown in the photo are VERY high level, not all go right upto the seat, I have got oval mircons on mine which upto last week still had original indicators on, but changed to LED's now which are diddy but bloody bright, if you want send me a PM with your email on and I will send you photos of mine. You will also need to think about extending the rear foot pegs if you go to high level, or leave them off all together!!, why have extra weight on board with spectators! :twisted:

Have not still got the hang of how you put photos into topics etc :oops:
Hooner

Post by Hooner »

thats right Fester...nearly all the ones i`ve seen have altered the rear indicators in some way of another....
You can get the "fish eye" flush indicators to sit in the tail piece / rear cowl..they look cool....
I`m not so struck with the small after market flashers...i like those behind me to know where i`m going......... 8O
stevieVTR

Post by stevieVTR »

I fitted mini indicators when I fitted hi level Scorpions because the OE ones wouldn`t fit. I got some E marked (think they`re Motrax) which means they are plenty bright enough and, personally, I think they look much better!
.... no more bike, divorce sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Hi Guys, just a little update, you can use throw-over panniers with High Level cans, just been to the TT with Oxford Humpback panniers on the bike, need to keep em high up but they didn't move despite a highly illegal run home :lol:

In my humble opinion the only way to go is High level, the bike looks sooooooo good with them
:D :D

Phil
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Fester,
I've got high level Remus' on and think they're a good compromise. Not so high that they cause interference with the blinkycators but high enough that they're not gonna deck out (the main reason I changed 'em in the first place)
They also make the bike narrower so its better for flitting between gaps in traffic (provided you bend the mirrors in!! :twisted: )
I've also fitted the Remus footrest kit which basically extends the footrests out enough to clear the cans and would (hopefully) protect them in the event of a spill

Ben