moriwaki carbon belly pan

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
cashy

moriwaki carbon belly pan

Post by cashy »

Can anyone help, just got hold of a belly pan off ebay and I am having a complete nightmare trying to fit it due to lack of instructions, front brackets seem ok although front rh is a little off line but there seems nowhere for the rear brackets to visably fit the seller said it was a pain to fit, but I am just baffled can anyone help?
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

What type of belly pan is it ?if you know who made it contact the manufacturer and ask for a set of fitting instructions,
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

boy i must still be drunk this morning :oops: didnt read the thread correctly...DOH!..ok... well then the back brackets if my fuzzy memory serves me right fit onto the 2 sump bolts near the back... i will try and post some pics when i get home from work tonight
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

Hi & welcome cashy

I'll try and describe fitting mine , and hopefully that'll help

There are 4 brackets;
2 double mounting points
2 single mounting points

Nearside left and Offside front are double's and are therefore constants ( ie no adjistability

fit these first , finger tight , and then fit the other 2 LOOSELY

Offer up the bellypan , and loosley fix the hex head bolts

Then adjust the single's into place , when you're happy with the adjustments tighten up enough so they don't move

Remove Bellypan and tighten all mountings to the correct torque settings ( from Haynes Manual , got one in the car if you need them )

I found it best to use Threadlock , as they are subject to some ( serious )vibrations

I Hope this makes sense , and is helpful

Cheers

Stu
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly