Wolf Quiet Baffles (Del)

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tattie

Wolf Quiet Baffles (Del)

Post by tattie »

Going back a while now but did you ever get those Quiet baffles from ???
cant remember the posters name.
Just that I have a pair myself and was wondering if you got them, had you tried them, as I remember the poster complaning of a power loss/flat spot mid way in the rev range. I was wondering if an additional 3no holes bored through the plate might help reduce or eliminate the flat spot.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated Del.

Cheers.

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

don't know what your on about mate, never seen a set of wolf cans either. but for sure, less sound = less power I'm affriad.

I'm toying with dropping a cam (stronger vavle springs and Ti caps) in me ktm duke 2, changing the front part of the headers (for a bigger bore) and performing a bafflectomy (cut and shut but with the removal of the baffle) but not sure if I would be able to stand the noise for a little more power.

Del.
LEEHUN

Post by LEEHUN »

:lol:

Del are you leaving anything on that Duke original .

Did you get out yesterday or was it a bucket of water and a puncture repair kit scenario

Lee.
tattie

Post by tattie »

Sorry Del :oops: I should have done my homework it was Iggy that I ment to direct this query to . The post comes unde "Blue Flame Decibel killers" back in April.

Cheers
A.M.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

LEE,

yeah mate, we rode em to d tyre place and they fixed it, got a couple of hours on d dirt, still buzzing at home but not too bad

del
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Tattie,

I have a set of "decibel killers" in my scorpions. I got them from a place near Lincoln, (i'll find numbers etc on monday and post) they work realy well and do make a small difference in the power but not realy noticable. They cost £15 each and you can take them out when you feel like being noisy.
With them in the storm still has that rumble sound but not quite as raw as without them.

I'll find the number and website on monday as it's on the pc at work and let you know.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
tattie

Post by tattie »

I have got a set of the decibel killers. My only worry was how they would affect the power like the poster at that time had said. i dont fancy a flat spot at 6000k when I need it. I was toying with boring 3 holes in the flat plate between the welded pipe sections to let it breathe more easily.

Cheers Iggy

A.M.
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

I don't get any flat spots with them fitted. It does'nt rev as freely as without but negligable in the great scheme of things.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
twintin

Post by twintin »

i concure i didn't get any flat spots with mine in but i just took em out cos i like the open arts hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......probably put em back in when i get pulled though ps just had me ccts changed cos i was gettin paranoid at 20000 on the originals and i thought it sounded a bit rattly. Now thev'e bin changed i realise they were a lot rattly (phew) Mr Honda said that this was the 3rd set this week!!!!! not a bad little earner really hey ho right back to work really can't toss it off any longer (well maybe 1 more go on the new penguin game)
its not rust it's character
tattie

Post by tattie »

Tried them tonight after I had bored another 3 x 6mm holes between the 8mm pipes. No apparent flat spots but you can feel that it does not rev as freely.The Blue Flames are a bit more subtle and not as harsh, ie everbody walking along the street did not turn round as on other nights.

Cheers.

A.M.

ps. Stop all this talk about bloody CCTs as I am about 24,000ms you are starting to make me paranoid.