Scorpion cans fitted

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
darrenmartin

Scorpion cans fitted

Post by darrenmartin »

Hi all well iv finaly got my hands on her at last. 1st question, shes got a pair of Scorpion's fitted and as far as i can see thats the only mod as far as air and fuel goes, now can i run her with the baffels out (she sounds awsome) or will i have to re-jet (standard filter still fitted) cheers guys :thumbup:
Like Riding Thunder and Lightning
agentpineapple

Re: Scorpion cans fitted

Post by agentpineapple »

i reckon to get the most out of them, and for the bike to fuel properly, you would benefit from a rejet and dyno time, so while your at it you might aswell fit an air filter(k&n/bmc/pipercross)
but it will probably be ok the way it is tho......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

Cheers Marty, i thought id read that the Scorpions were ok to use "as is"
Any 1 have any idea where theres a good Dyno garage in Norfolk? and Marty where did u get your Velocity stacks from m8 8)
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

My bike has high level Scorpion Carbon ovals and runs ok on std filter and jetting.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
templ8

Post by templ8 »

When i fitted scorpions to my previously standard storm the fueling was a mile out, flat spots all over the gaff.

Fitted a dynojet kit and set it up myself with an innovate lc1 wideband lambda kit.
I have it tuned with the baffles out and can feel the difference with the baffles in, feels a bit rich and slightly unresponsive.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Scorpion advertise their stuff as not requiring jetting. Had a pair on my storm and it ran great with them without any other changes.
Rich.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I also have Scorpions on my Firestorm (hi-level race cans, no baffles) These were designed to run with no alterations required to jetting as Rich (Cupasoop) says. I agree they'd probably would work better with re-jetting and a freer flowing air filter, but it doesn't run lean or rich without it. I've had no problems with any flat spots at all, but I do know the history of my bike so I know no previous owner had been messing about with the jetting before I got it. When I bought her she was only 20mths old, now 13yrs old 8O

Chris.
darrenmartin

Post by darrenmartin »

:crazy: now thats love! cheers guys for the feed back once im on the road ill let ya know how she runs :thumbup:
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

sirch345 wrote:I also have Scorpions on my Firestorm (hi-level race cans, no baffles) These were designed to run with no alterations required to jetting as Rich (Cupasoop) says. I agree they'd probably would work better with re-jetting and a freer flowing air filter, but it doesn't run lean or rich without it. I've had no problems with any flat spots at all, but I do know the history of my bike so I know no previous owner had been messing about with the jetting before I got it. When I bought her she was only 20mths old, now 13yrs old 8O

Chris.
+1
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

Diabolus

Post by Diabolus »

+1 cant imagine life without a storm !
http://lincsrideouts.co.uk

So many MODS to do so little time to do them ! Mini bi-xenon hid projector viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30721