Penske rear shock

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Timmyp

Penske rear shock

Post by Timmyp »

Has anyone had these fitted and, if so, are they are worthwhile investment (only road riding but fed up of tweaking the standard rear shock)?

Any help on where I can buy cheaply - doesn't seem to be a hell of a lot of choice after a bit of a web trawl?

Cheers,
Tim
steve trow

Post by steve trow »

tim,
i would suggest you monitor e'bay. there is an ohlins shock on their at the moment but its getting pricey £300+ it seems shocks and cans etc fetch a premium this time of year 8O
BazilD

Post by BazilD »

I would definately say an after market rear shock and fork tune is required for all storms but Penske are top of the range and you generally pay to play for them.

I have a WP Shock in mine and although quite expensive still a good £140 cheaper than Penske or Ohlins new.

The WP works very well and was sprung for my weight. The only downside is the preload adjustment is not remote as per Ohlins.
BazilD
Sometimes you're the bug, and sometimes you're the windscreen!
Robbe

Penske

Post by Robbe »

You need to speak to Roger @ Revolution if your after a Penske.
He gets them custom made from the Penske race dept.
Best thing i did to my storm was put the Penske in along with a Revolution fork tune.
Not cheap at around £520 i think now.
Revoution web site is http://www.revolutionuk.co.uk

Robb
Storm for sale.
robin1000

Post by robin1000 »

Just got my race Storm back from Roger. Due to race at start of August. I've got a Penske, it's a road shock apparently, but has been worked by Roger as have the forks. The shock was excellent before, so should be a whole lot better, if that's possible. Pay the money for Penske, it's what the BSB bike had in the late '90's so must be the best.
Anyway, watch this space.

Standard one for sale at http://www.bikebidder.com/

Cheers

Robin :D
Bikes and scorned women don't mix!