Five spoke wheels on a vtr??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
jwarrenjohnny

Five spoke wheels on a vtr??

Post by jwarrenjohnny »

Hi,

Im new here, have just bought a black p plate vtr.

On vtr.org in the pic gallery (4th or 5th page i think) there is an all black vtr without decals which has what look like fireblade type five spoke wheels on it. Anyone know of how much work is involved in fitting? or are there other five spokes that slot in?
dodds

wheels

Post by dodds »

Have a look at this, it was posted by wozza a while back and i found in very useful when trying to get hold of some track day wheels.

This is the info I've got so far by cross referencing Wheel parts so theoretically the follwing should fit if you use your spindle/spacers and providing the rim width is correct If any one knows different or of any other wheels fit or if you've got access to any of these other models send me a PM with the details (model, year, No of spokes, colour, rim width & dia) and I'll update this post.

Firestorm Wheel sizes are front J17xMT3.5 rear J17xMT5.5.
Firestorm front disc fixings are 6 x M6 PCD 74mm, 100mm between disc mounting faces and a 58mm dia boss to locate the centre of the disc carrier.

Fronts from CBR600FS/T/V/W 95-98 (6 spoke, front J17xMT3.5 rear J17xMT5.0 & J17x5.5) uses the same bearings and discs, Double check the width of rear wheel before you buy!

Fronts and rears from CBR600FX/Y 99-00 (3 spoke, front J17xMT3.5 rear J17xMT5.5) uses the same bearings same rear disc but different front discs with the same fixing.

Fronts and rears From CB600 Hornet 98-02 (3 Spoke, unconfirmed widths) Uses the same bearings on the front But you'll need to swap the rear bearings, same rear disc and different fronts but the same fixing (have a sneaky feeling the early ones had 16" front Wheels)

Fronts from VFR750FR/S/T/V 94-97 (6 spoke, uconfirmed width) Uses same bearings and discs.

Fronts from VFR800Fi-W/X/Y 98-01 (6 spoke, uncofirmed width) Uses different discs but with the same fixings.

Fronts from VFR800Fi-2/3 02-03 (6 spoke, unconfimed width) Uses different discs but with the same fixings.

Rears from CBR900RRN-S 92-96 (6 Spoke, unconfirmed width) Uses the same Bearings, disc & sprocket.

Rears from CBR900RRT-X 96-99 (6 spoke, J17xMT5.5) Uses same bearings and disc but a different sprocket with the same fixings.

Most Fireblade fronts were 16" and had bigger disc bolts but I think the 17" ones from 98?-99 fit, so check first if there's no tyre on it wheel widths and diameters are normally indicated by numbers cast onto them which will read (example) J17xMT5.5

I think the sprocket differences on the later CBR 600 & 900 are thickness and the carriers are the same.