United Bikers, not...

General Bike chat
seb421

United Bikers, not...

Post by seb421 »

Sheep Shaggers to the left of us Men in Skirts to the north here we English are stuck in the middle all united with a single simple Nod,

We all Nod to each other on the move but don't dare speak to each other in person, we just stand idle staring up the riders and sizing up the competition,

well that's what its like at the barn any way, bunch or ignorant wnkrs!

Stopped there other day at the end of a ride with a few work mates, they headed back to Leyland and i rode my way and stopped at the lower Rivingon barn on my own,

Parked up at the front i was parched so got a brew, no one wanted to engage conversation with me, i said hello to this bunch and they just blanked me, made me look a right c*nt.

maybe they thought i was weird going there on my jack i don't know, maybe they was jealous there over sized shed's of bikes didn't soon as good as a 10 year old storm haha
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
cheekykev

Re: United Bikers, not...

Post by cheekykev »

Agree :thumbup:
Answers easy, just don't go to those places, I've been riding for 38 years and very rare do I call at these type of places, full of tyre kickers, matching this, matching that, talking s**t, I'd much rather be out on the country roads finding nice remote places with interesting like minded people :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

seb421 wrote:Sheep Shaggers to the left of us Men in Skirts to the north here we English are stuck in the middle all united with a single simple Nod,

We all Nod to each other on the move but don't dare speak to each other in person, we just stand idle staring up the riders and sizing up the competition,

well that's what its like at the barn any way, bunch or ignorant wnkrs!

Stopped there other day at the end of a ride with a few work mates, they headed back to Leyland and i rode my way and stopped at the lower Rivingon barn on my own,

Parked up at the front i was parched so got a brew, no one wanted to engage conversation with me, i said hello to this bunch and they just blanked me, made me look a right c*nt.

I hate this when it happens you feel like a right prick :lol: :lol: they other day i was out and getting lots of nods from fello bikers
then some rock on a new shiney harley blanked me good style I felt like a right plank :( wait till I see him again im going to leave him for dust the show off , stuck up w@@kers :x

Makes me mad :p

maybe they thought i was weird going there on my jack i don't know, maybe they was jealous there over sized shed's of bikes didn't soon as good as a 10 year old storm haha
Loud pipes save lives!
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

How did my post get up there in that bit :confused :confused :confused :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Could not agree more with you ,I only go there occasionally now,I find i get on better with the "older" riders up there, you know the type....the ones who know what they are talking about ,and what's more, they have a personality..
boz

Post by boz »

Lets all not be so sensitive. fiddler are fiddler no matter what ride they have. I personally couldn't give a monkey's fart if someone doesn't nod or talk to me. Their loss for missing out on such a sparkling and witty personality :clap: .
I know what you mean by the "matching" brigade though. I used to go on organised runs and a few tossers who have just started riding would turn up with their spotless matching leathers and gleaming new bikes with ABS, dual clutches and sh1t, then walk round older bikes tutting at them!
One particular bloke was a teacher at my sons school and he was a complete arsehole. He took one look at my old Gixer and said a bloke like me should grow old gracefully and get a BMW like him. He then went on to say my lid was old fashioned and asked when it needed replacing as you should only keep them 5 years. He was swiftly despatched with a couple of kind words....first one begins with F and the other was off.
My son told me he said his dad was very rude, to which my son replied at least he aint a sad middle aged git who thinks cos hes got a poofy bike hes the baldrocks. Good lad. Oh yes, I am middle aged, been riding for 30 years and don't do organised runs any more. I stick to proper bikers like Seb. F*** them mate. Your better than that :thumbup:
CBR900rr Fireblade
vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Its not bikers, its people in general I think.

If you walked down the street, even 20 years ago, and said "good morning" to someone at random, most likely they would reply with the same. These days the response is usually a grunt or complete ignorance. If you do a small favour for someone out of courtesy, the most common response is total apathy.

Five minutes ago I was in the local shop. I just called in to buy a few bits. On my way out, despite carrying 4 bags of shopping, I opened the door for a lady who perhaps would have been around 25. She walked through and didnt even look at me, nevermind say thank you.

Who knows, maybe she was a feminist, but I mean, I think it just goes to show how things have changed.

At 32 I'm not even that old, but even I remember when all the house doors would be unlocked and you could pop to see a neighbour unannounced, everyone was friendly and you'd go around the corner to see the chap who kept chickens to buy a few eggs for your mum and get invited in for a cup of tea and a look at his motorbike whilst his wife prepared a scone with jam. I cant imagine that sort of thing happening now, apathy is just far too strong in modern society.

Sorry if this sounds like a "when i were a lad" post, but I think the notion that bikers are apathetic is only a small sample of the bigger picture.
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

Bit like people who send you a PM, you take the trouble to take pictures, send them the links on another PM and they don't even say "thank you". :thumbsdown:
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

vtryorks

Post by vtryorks »

Stratman wrote:Bit like people who send you a PM, you take the trouble to take pictures, send them the links on another PM and they don't even say "thank you". :thumbsdown:
Blimey you had me checking my PM's then just to be sure it wasnt me. I'd be mortified if I did that! lol
chric

Post by chric »

Stratman wrote:Bit like people who send you a PM, you take the trouble to take pictures, send them the links on another PM and they don't even say "thank you". :thumbsdown:
that would be me stratman :oops: sorry about that mukka i'll go hide myself now in shame.
And thanks for the pictures :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Maybe it was just you they didn't like the look of Seb?
Rich.

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

cupasoop wrote:Maybe it was just you they didn't like the look of Seb?
I was going to ask if he'd been before...... :D

Stratman

Post by Stratman »

chric wrote:
that would be me stratman :oops: sorry about that mukka i'll go hide myself now in shame.
And thanks for the pictures :thumbup:
No probs. Have replied to your reply too.

seb421

Post by seb421 »

cupasoop wrote:Maybe it was just you they didn't like the look of Seb?
Fiddlesticks to that mate!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

ChrisC wrote:Could not agree more with you ,I only go there occasionally now..
only time i go rivi these days is with mates, meeting others, usually on the way somewhere.
not really the kind of place i'd go for a day out lol!
not really a big fan of riding my bike down cobbled mudpaths to then pay £2 for a lukewarm brew and get blocked in by a load of dayglo dereks who seem to be in competition as to who can carry the highest number of large crates fastened to their GS's.

can't say ive really had a problem with the people there tbh cos i don't really bother with them...
as well as the fact that as firestorm mike quite rightly pointed out, i'm a c_nt lol :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.