Newer and bigger fuel tank

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
penst8grad

Newer and bigger fuel tank

Post by penst8grad »

Does anyone know if the bigger tank is a direct bolt-on to the older bikes?
tony.wilde1

alloy tank

Post by tony.wilde1 »

harris do one in uk mate..but..apparently it costs £580!!!thats about 800bucks+shipping? :eek2 .its a 24litre one though.
penst8grad

Post by penst8grad »

Wow! I'm surely not paying that kind of $$ for a bigger tank. Here in the states I frequently see wrecked 'hawks being parted out. I was just curious if the newer one from the factory was a direct fit.
tony.wilde1

tank`

Post by tony.wilde1 »

i do believe the later19litre tank will fit pal..so good luck ok?in the mean time look at harrises website

https://www.harris-performance.com/webs ... meset2.htm

cheers .
penst8grad

Post by penst8grad »

Thanks
andys350

Post by andys350 »

harris stopped doing the bigger ones ages ago, but dynomite still make them as they make them for d*cati's etc, i didn't think the bigger tank off newer bikes fitted the earlier models as the airbox was smaller on the later bikes as you'll see later bikes listed at 100bhp not 110bhp as the first ones were

as far as i know

andy
SiJ

Post by SiJ »

Gents

19ltr Tank will bolt straight on however you'll be needing the later models fuel tap, mounting bracket,and associated fuel hosing as its a different design on newer models.

You'll also need to file out the opening onthe front of the seat where it slides over the shock and thats about it.
Si