Tick Tock

General Bike chat
Loopy

Tick Tock

Post by Loopy »

Has any one put a decent clock on their Storm. I have velcroed various cheap watches onto Enduros / Trail bikes before, but I would like something decent on the Storm. If you have seen any good ideas or know of a neat place to put a reasonable size time piece, please tell me.

It is the bike show next week so I may be able to pick up something from there. I like to have a specific purpose when I go to the bike show because after you have looked at a few gorgeous bikes and a few more gorgeous girls you can get a bit bored. After dribbling with desire you remember that what you want in the real world is good handling, a great bottom end,(we are talking about the bikes here, not the girls ! ) fabulous noise, medium comfort and brilliant value for money. That will be a Storm then !!!
LOOPY
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

On my old bike I had the Honda item. Very neat and tidy and doesnt stick out like a sore thumb (which is why I forgot to take it off when I traded the bike in! Doh!)

A bit expensive at 20 odd squid though.

Cheers
Wayne
Loopy

Clock

Post by Loopy »

Was this Honda Clock specific for the bike or was it a general one? Where would you put it on a Storm ?
LOOPY
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Loopy,

i have one somewhere, i'll have a look tomorrow if i remember (tad busy at the moment) and then I'll take a little picky and get Neilo to stick it on if ya like, yours for a tenna, might even make ya a little bracket for it for free.

Del. (lots of jobs but not enough time)
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

It was a general one. Attached by sticky velcro pad. It was just a little bit bigger then the Honda plate on top of the Yoke so I put mine over that.
Loopy

Cheers Del

Post by Loopy »

Top man Del. I will have that off you.
LOOPY
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Gotta find it first, dooh

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i bought a cheapy one from the local wilkinson shop, only about 3 sqiud, but dont get it wet, (it doesnt like it much). Marginly bigger than the Honda one, but given the £17 saving was worth it.....

Do new Vtr's have clocks fitted????
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Oh yes! Nicely built in with the LCD PETROL GUAGE!!!
Loopy

Post by Loopy »

Not much danger of getting it wet. I have given up with the rain thing ! Thats what dirt bikes and supermotos were invented for.

I hadn't noticed the clock built in to new Storms. Anyone got a piccy.

A clock isn't that important, but every time I am out on the Storm I have so much fun I have absolutely no idea how long I have been. Those married bretherin amongst us will know how dangerous this can be. Even worse, I may not use every single minute possible and get home too soon ! WHAT A WASTE that would be :o :o :o
LOOPY
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Hey Loopy,

you don't run through Long Eaton now n again do ya?
Thought I may have passed you a while back?(I work in Kegworth)
:)
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

LOOPY,

found the little clock b8stard thing, took me an hour, don't put things away somewhere safe. where you want it then, on the right in the gap by the rev counter???

Del.
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

i can relate to loopy's dilema..... amazing how the time just flies........

perhaps i'll start looking at a newer storm....any ideas when the introduced clocks......mines a "2000" W.
Loopy

Clock

Post by Loopy »

Hi Del.

You have lost me ! Which gap do you mean :?: I can see the mounting bolt to the right of the rev counter. Is this where the bracket would bolt to :?: Sorry to be thick !

VTRJOCK

I do ride through Notts a lot, normally on my way to the Peak District. I have a bit of a problem with speed. I overtook a plain clothes police car at 140 mph 5 years ago ! DOHHH !!!! Losing your license is no fun. So you may well have passed me as I try and stick to the speed limits in town. I always go slow in Kegworth because my Uncle is a magistrate there ! Get to the twisty bits though and all self control tends to go out of the window. One of the nice things about the Storm is that even at slow speeds the Scorpions sound delicious.

Where abouts in Kegworth do you work ?
LOOPY
vtrjock

Post by vtrjock »

Loopy,

I have the pleasure of workin at Slack & Parr.......wow, kinda knew you'd be impressed !! :wink:
Dodgy place all round for speedin is Keg......cool for rattlin windows upto 30 though......be rude not too, right??!!