Panels back from Paint.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Kev L

Panels back from Paint.

Post by Kev L »

I got my pyramid bellypan back from the painter today, and a beautiful job he has made of it too. He also sprayed a bar across a clear headlight cover, just to change the look of the front end slightly.
The pictures don't do the finish justice as they were taken with flash -

I will stick the headlight cover on tomorrow and post some pics up, as long as it isn't pi**ing down. The bellypan won't be going on for a while until I finish the winter mods.
I is a happy bunny. :beer:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
chric

Re: Panels back from Paint.

Post by chric »

very nice :thumbup:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
CB_Phil

Post by CB_Phil »

Looks good, interested to see how the headlight looks.
Really like that bellypan
Maybe I Don't Like Your Bike Either!
chric

Post by chric »

how much did it cost if you dont mind
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The paint, PB215C Candy Tahitian Blue, cost £100, £10 for a glassfibre repair of a crack, which was on it when purchased used from here, £30 prep (quite involved as there was some damage to the Gel coat along the bottom) and £30 to spray it up.
I thought it was a fair price for a top job.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looks good buddy, i look forward to seeing them on the bike. if you need anything spraying next year let me know because i've just bought a litre of pb215c and i will have loads left over after spraying, but i had to buy a base silver aswell, not bloody cheap mate.....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

But worth every penny mate. You wouldn't want to cut corners and end up with something yellow!
Was the headlight cover along the lines of what you were thinking of?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

make sure you fit some heat reflective stuff inside where the front header goes otherwise that lovely paint will bubble off :(

cheapest option is go a scrapyard & cut some bonnet insulation off a car then glue it inside the belly before it goes on.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks for the advice mate.
:thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I used heat resistant mat cut to shape where it comes close to the exhaust from ebay along with high temperature silicone adhesive.

Won''t the headlamp cover where it's painted obscure the headlight beam? :confused
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Just ordered some heat mat from the purveyor of all things, E Bay, and will keep in mind the adhesive.
As to the headlight cover it may well be a case of form over function, but nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. It is held on by velcro so can be removed easily if needs be.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:But worth every penny mate. You wouldn't want to cut corners and end up with something yellow!
Was the headlight cover along the lines of what you were thinking of?
i'm going a bit more extreme on the front end matey.
1 x headlight surround original.
1 x clear headlight protector.
2x ducati 999 headlights.
and a bit of imagination/swearing/luck and i'll come up with something abit different..........
i'm getting some heat resistant matting to go on my fairing lowers, theres a company that sell it on ebay, looks like pretty good stuff.
i've got some spare honda wing decals in silver if you want them for your lowers mate?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Thanks for the offer I just want the Honda script along the lowers as it's the 19l tank and has the wing on there.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Kev L wrote:Thanks for the offer I just want the Honda script along the lowers as it's the 19l tank and has the wing on there.
no worries mate, thats the stickers i've got 19ltr fuel tank type, wing with the word honda underneath......... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Ok, as promised I fitted Dame Edna's glasses to the front of the bike today. I quite like the look, which just disguises the look a little.
For a cost of £17 for the light protector and the cost of paint (done at the same time as the belly pan so I can't give a cost), I think it's a nice cheap little mod.
Haven't ridden the bike yet, so I don't know the impact on the lights and beam distortion-