Peak District - Sunday

General Bike chat
Loopy

Peak District - Sunday

Post by Loopy »

Any one fancy a blast aroud the Peak District. It is forecast to be dry on Sunday. There will be me on the Storm a ZX6, TL1000R and a Busa plus any other Storms that fancy it. We will meet at the Ladybower Pub at 11.30. The A57 Snake Pass to Glossop is a fast twisty road. Glossop to Chapel is faster and not as interesting. Chapel to Whaley Bridge is a little bit of dual carridgeway. Whaley to Buxton is a blindingly twisty road. Ideal for brave sportsbikes and Supermoto's. Buxton to Macclesfield,Cat & Fiddle is probobly the best biking road in England. (There are better in ones in Scotland). Back along the Cat and Fiddle and then home. May be the last run out before they do too much gritting. Dont come if you dont like corners !
LOOPY
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Sounds like an excellent route.

SWMBO has got friends round this weekend, but if they bugger off early enough on the sunday I'll see if I can get a leave pass.

Are there are plenty of petrol stations along the way? I get about 60 miles to reserve.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

That's nice I drive 250 miles to see ya and you wanna sod off out with ya mate's, I'm staying at home now and ya can shag ya bike, opps it already looks shaged! :cry:
Loopy

Petrol

Post by Loopy »

firestorm996 wrote: Are there are plenty of petrol stations along the way? I get about 60 miles to reserve.
Quite a few petrol stations along the way. You will be fine at 60 miles. If the roads are dry I will only get 80/85 out of the Storm. Look forward to seeing you at The Ladybower Pub.
LOOPY
Loopy

Sunday Blast.

Post by Loopy »

Trust me. IT WILL BE DRY ON SUNDAY.

I know it has P*SSED it dow all day but Sunday will be dry. See you there.
LOOPY
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

butt!

Yesterday morning, glorious blue skies, it was even warm outside! SWMBO's friends were visiting all weekend so we ended up going to the zoo. At least it baggsed me 150 brownie points tho. :biggrin

If its nice next weekend I'm definitely going for a blip somewhere.
Firestorm996
Loopy

Sunday Blast

Post by Loopy »

The weather was great yesterday although there were still damp patches in the shade that stopped you fully going for it round the bends. Would have been ideal for a supermoto though. I think that will be the last blast on the Storm this year.

If the weather is good next weekend I would be up for a spin on the Supermoto though. The trail tyres on it are just about worn out so I want to kill them completely on the road before I put some knobblies on for some off road stuff. The problem with the KTM is that long journeys are very difficult. Even twisty corners are joined by long straights and these are painfully dull and tiresome which makes distances a bit of a problem.

Firestorm996, where are you based ?
LOOPY
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Hi Loopy

I'm over in Haydock, near Wigan.

You in Loughborough eh, blimey. I thought you were relatively local based on the route you were doing but you're all the way down in Leicstershire!

Straight lines are tiresome on any bike :wink2 Depends on where/when really but on the XR you can at least do stoppie practice or scare innocent pedestrians to liven things up :biggrin
Firestorm996
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

delmeekc wrote:That's nice I drive 250 miles to see ya and you wanna sod off out with ya mate's, I'm staying at home now and ya can shag ya bike, opps it already looks shaged! :cry:
You had best watch your step with these visits up North mate, I only live a couple of miles away from Neilo and you've been to busy bumming each other to pop round :P

Debs has got a loaded staffordshire bull terrier at the ready ;-) and it aint pretty..

I dont know, feckin anti social suvveners and mincing long haired peugot drivers, forgetting your mates that ran the gauntlet through customs LOL

Cya

Fluffy
I see no Firestorm......
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Oi who you calling a mincer?

You ain't got room to talk there mate, what with your penchant for 'camp' alternate egos, and your 'Freddie Mercury' tache :biggrin

Plus I'm on the XR today, it's muddy and I don't give a feck. :wink2 Your VTR's probably half stripped awaiting more tender caressing from its doting owner, admit it. :biggrin
Firestorm996
Fluffy

well....

Post by Fluffy »

It is not so much half stripped, just got no 'zorsts on yet, just waiting for daz to get his finger out :wink: and Nick is lending me some standards for a while.

I really need a good solid weekend to get it back on the road again, if I can bother my butt to that is, at the moment I just tend to look at it and think "nah...got better things to do"

Will probably get round to sorting it out after the NEC when I have got some small bits and bobs for it (justr bolts etc to replace the honda fur burger jobbies).

I have got a pay review coming up next month, and if it goes as I am hoping, dont be surprised if you nip round in March and find a Tuono on the drive and a gap where the storm was :D (ahhh I wish)

Fluffy
I see no Firestorm......
Loopy

Too Far

Post by Loopy »

Wigan and Loughborough are a bloody long way from each other on a supermoto no matter how many stoppise and wheelies you do !!!!! 8O 8O

I am tempted to trek out to the Cat & Fiddle on the KTM. The journey there will be awful but I would love to see the KTM go round the hairpins. It would be good to have a Storm there to compare it with. I reckon on a dry day the Storm would be able to get to the corners first and just about stay in front. On a day like last Sunday the supermoto would have been superb because the damp patches and leaves half way round the corners would not slow it down much while most Storm riders love their bikes too much to risk the front wheel sliding away.

Do you reckon you could get as far as Buxton on the XR ?
LOOPY
firestorm996

Post by firestorm996 »

Yep buxton shouldn't be a problem, there's a nice route that goes through knutsford to macclesfield and on over the fiddle to Buxton.

What KTM you got mate, only reason I ask is that Del's selling some 620SC supermoto 17's which are mint.
Firestorm996
Loopy

KTM

Post by Loopy »

The KTM is the 640 LC4 Supermoto. So I have got a shiney set of road rims with new fat sticky Dunlops on them. The thing is that even with the trail tyres on it is still brill on the road and lets me go green laning as well.

If you can tell me how, I will put a piccy on the site and I have got a video of some wheelies when I first got it last year.

I have got a mate with a Husaberg crosser hat he wants to supermoto so he might be interested in the rims. Do we know how much and what tyres are on them ?

Weather forecast is crap for this weekend but when the rain stops we will do the Cat & Fiddle. I have just ordered my knobblies so I want to destroy the trail tyres PDQ.
LOOPY
Loopy

KTM doing what it does best.

Post by Loopy »

I think I have worked out how to get piccys and videos onto the site. It is just over a meg. So appologies to those without broadband !

http://www.paul.lia.btinternet.co.uk/ktm.mpg
LOOPY