Steering damper -To fit or not to fit?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
ktd001

Steering damper -To fit or not to fit?

Post by ktd001 »

Has anyone fitted a steering damper to their Storm? I always like the sound of them but don't know whether it's worth the time or money? :? Oh yeah, and if you have fitted one, how much did it set you back?

Kenif
MDJ

Don't need it

Post by MDJ »

Unless you are riding like Chewbacca the storm don't need one don't bother. buy some sticky tires.... If you are having stability or wagging issue it'll prob be warped disc or just that you need the forks re-springing so they work properly. This is what happened with mine, I had HM Racing fit Ohlins springs and the bike is transformed. 8)
Stormin Ben

Re: Don't need it

Post by Stormin Ben »

MDJ wrote:Unless you are riding like Chewbacca the storm don't need one don't bother. buy some sticky tires.... If you are having stability or wagging issue it'll prob be warped disc or just that you need the forks re-springing so they work properly. This is what happened with mine, I had HM Racing fit Ohlins springs and the bike is transformed. 8)
Mine's fine on the road on Bridgestones but on the track on 208GP's it was a right handfull, especially at Outlon!!!

Ben(bacca)
ktd001

Damper

Post by ktd001 »

Cheers guys. Ah well, it looks like I don't need it then. Just thought they looked good! :oops:
Got any idea where I can get a good undertray from? Fed up with taking 5 minutes and black belt origami trying to stow my chain away.

Kenif
Pete

Post by Pete »

I had a Sprint steering damper fitted & never got so much as a headshake(ride like a maniac at the w/end) but I had to take it off so as I could fit my crash mushrooms. Currently looking at machining myself a new mounting bracket for the damper.
Peter Brennan.