Suspension Settings

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
kiwi_vtr

Suspension Settings

Post by kiwi_vtr »

Hello,

What is the considered opinion for the best settings on my storm ??.
I am a 6 foot 17 stone type, but the rear feels like it has an rsj fitted instead of a shock absorber !!!
:?
MDJ

You need

Post by MDJ »

Phone Roger at Revolution motorcycles. You can find em on the net or on links probably from vtr1000.co.uk they are the poeple in the know according to most on here.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Common mistake - Don't try and quicken the steering by adding more preload, your chalfonts will DEFINITELY suffer

I'm on preload setting 2 (from minimum) and have got a 6mm spacer on the rear shock to quicken the steering instead. Its still firm but as good as its gonna get with the standard shock

Ben (6'3" - 14stone + kit)
tony.wilde1

settings for me

Post by tony.wilde1 »

what you think i should set mine to?im 10st10lbs(150lbs).it does seem a bit harsh ..i just thought id ask before fiddling!!cheers.oh and im 5'9".thanks.
kiwi_vtr

Re: settings for me

Post by kiwi_vtr »

tony.wilde1 wrote:what you think i should set mine to?im 10st10lbs(150lbs).it does seem a bit harsh ..i just thought id ask before fiddling!!cheers.oh and im 5'9".thanks.
Given that Roger from Revolution thinks I am too fat(heavy at 17 stone and 6 foot) for standard shocks....you are probably too light !!!
tony.wilde1

thin

Post by tony.wilde1 »

yes i might be..ill be the one wearing stirrups so i can stay on the bike!!hahaha!cheers
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

I find that my velcro leather/seat combination works quite well

Only problemis you can sometimes need assitance getting off the bike again!! :P

WRT shock settings, you can try the softest but I found it squatted too much when winding the power on

Ben
MDJ

Hello

Post by MDJ »

I'm 59Kg ish just under 10st I have my Std shock on minimun which works out to give about the right amount of static sag. Rebound damping i've incresed by half a turn and it actually works reasonably now.
tony.wilde1

settings.

Post by tony.wilde1 »

again thanks for the advice.cheers fellow light weight :lol: