Mot testers who are crap!

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
steve trow

Mot testers who are crap!

Post by steve trow »

Ive just had my storm mot'd and was amazed it failed on 'notchy' headstock bearings. :oops:
The young tester had great pleasure in telling me it had failed despite being only 4 years old.... :roll: He hilted the front end up and over and swivelled the front end lock to lock and told me it was 'notcy' in the center. I had a go and felt the slightest of resisitance. As he had failed to notice the underseat Mig exhaust system was not BS approved I thought I would just accept what he said and didnt bother to humour him.... I listened patiently to his speech on' it wont handle properly anymore... and the old favorite' they dont handle anyway' collected my fail slip declined the offer of 'book it in and we will fit tapered bearings for £75 +parts+ vat' and trudged off home on a sunny day with no MOT cert quite pissed off.
Got it in the garage at home hoiked the front end up and had a proper look.
Hmmm the horn is catching on the center fairing section. Tweak.. No 'notchy'. :lol:
Had a cup of tea, walked the dog... Leathers on and an Mot re- test.
Mot testers reply after checking it over again.." yeah much better that mate you will notice the differrence now... lot smoother through the bends I bet'. 12 months MOT. .......... juggler!.
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

You might well notice the handling though mate.

I did a track day at Oulton last year, got there late, bunged the track fairing on, went out for the first session and it was all over the shop.

Got back into the pits and realised I'd left the horn on and it was catching at the straight ahead position - doh!!

Ben
steve trow

getting horny ?

Post by steve trow »

ben,
the horn was touching very slightly and was hardly noticeable (didnt make any scuffing noise when rubbing). it was merely touching when dead center....... with the very slightest of resistance. He had to show me twice before i could get his drift.

p.s took your advice on the hoses... picking up 2 hoses to run paralell. £30 made to measure. :wink:
steve trow

twice as crap!!

Post by steve trow »

Just fitted the new braided hoses and discovered the smaller pistons were sticking in the calipers and binding up the front brakes..... 8O
MOT tester didnt find it and Ive not done any real miles since the test so it must have been like that during the MOT.
Just goes to show a full mot doesnt stand for nowt. :roll:

Big run out tommorrow for a full day and many a fuel stop so Ill try and find out what all the fuss is about over braided hoses......... :?:
RichieCook

Post by RichieCook »

Fair enough ive got a set of remus race cans on.....but is it me or are the mot testers just be arsey when they refuse to put it thru even when they know you will just but the race cans on straight afterwards!...
Went to get my bike MOT'd at the local garage who knows me, just fitted new tyres for me and sold oil and filter. He also MOT'd my last bike WITH a race can on but refused bluntly to do this one. So now have the pleasure of putting the original cans on for the sake of a 20 minute MOT........twaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatssssssssssssssssss!
Waheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey
twintin

Post by twintin »

Had mine done fortnight ago popped in 1st to check if they'd do it with the cans on , "no problem cos when you get home your'e only gonna swop em back (2 right) an if you get pulled it's you who gets done" top bloke
its not rust it's character