This is the newbie.....

want to know what we all look like? take a peek to see the good the bad and the downright ugly !
turbo_billy

This is the newbie.....

Post by turbo_billy »

Here`s my ugly mug.......

And here`s the bike.....

AMCQ46

Re: This is the newbie.....

Post by AMCQ46 »

What's the Honda special in the background?
AMcQ
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Found Billy's secret bike pron stash... ;)

http://s471.photobucket.com/albums/rr72/turbo_billy/

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
darkember

Post by darkember »

Welcome very tasty job there :thumbup: :thumbup:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Like the honda CBX special, you can bring that out on a ride just so I can look at it :D

as Wicky has exposed you photo stash I see some other late 70's iconic bikes in there...........but why only one photo of the Ice Cream Van Suzi? I had the red & white one when I was 20 [but sadly it got knicked the 1st year I came down to Birmingham :thumbdown: ], but it is still there on the list of bike I wish I still had, and my kid brother had a CBX1000 a few yrs later, but it was never a match for the GS on the road.
AMcQ
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

AMcQ, these are the bikes I remember first time round but couldn`t afford then. Just trying to make up for it now ( my pension fund) :wink:

As for the GS1000S, I have just done a period Saxon engineering bolt on monoshock conversion and rejetted for the pod filters as I had to relocate the battery.

With your permission, a couple more pics from the stable;

Greedy bas**rd ain`t I....... :D
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

yup, greedy b8stard is true enough! :)

that is a good collection, you will be featuring in Practical Sportsbike magazine soon.

like what you have done with the GS :thumbup:
AMcQ
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

You can never have too many bikes. :wink:

Most of what you see was a case of right place, right price, right time. :thumbup:

I made a promise to myself that I would buy one bike every year for as long as I could afford it. The VTR makes the 3rd this year........oh well. :twisted:

Lying bas**rd as well then :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

You're a one-man ride out! How do keep up with the road tax/sorn reminders?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Wicky wrote:You're a one-man ride out! How do keep up with the road tax/sorn reminders?
All the bikes are road legal to ride with the exception of the CB900 which is on sorn. And they do get ridden as often as work and family life allow :thumbup:

Road tax reminders help with the paperwork but I must admit that there have been occassions when I have genuinely accidently discovered that the bikes ride just as well on the road without a current MOT :oops:

And I have what I think is a very good deal with Footman James on insurance. All bikes fully comp plus 3 with agreed value, usual breakdown and legal etc for less than £400 a year. (in fact the VTR has cost me the most ever to add to the policy as it is less than 15 years old)
darkember

Post by darkember »

Which is your favourite? BTW I also notice you are'nt a million miles away. :thumbup:
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

I must say I love them all for one thing or another. The FZR and GSXR are probably 2 of the finest handling bikes I have ever ridden (and from early experience I would add the VTR into this category). The ZX10 and CBR1000 are both mile munchers that you can just ride without having to work at. The GS1000S is pure 79 muscle that goes like stink with attitude to match. The CB900 I remember from the day it came out and I longed for one for a long time. But if truth be told my first love is the CBX (standard and special) I had one in my early twenties and then sold it. Regretted it ever since until about 5 years ago when I was fortunate enough to buy the red Z. Just like all you guys and girls love the VTR, if you ever had the chance to ride the 6 cylinder beast you would all be just as hooked :D

Well, thats my reasoning for the stable so far but there are still many more on the "to do" list and I am trying my best to work my way through it :twisted:

As per my details I am located just outside Gloucester. Where abouts are you then Darkember?

Regards

Tim :beer:
darkember

Post by darkember »

Abergavenny on the old Hereford road near the Squirrid
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

I was down the bus station with the VTR on Monday for a coffee and a chat. Hopefully catch up with you one day now I know what bike to look out for. :thumbup:
simo

Post by simo »

Welcome Billy,nice to see you've managed to source on of the FAST RED storms :biggrin. Nice fromt callipers.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.