Hagon shock

Where all the workshop knowledge lives together.
Steve97

Hagon shock

Post by Steve97 »

Just thought i would pass this on and save someone faffing around, have replaced the worn out original shock with the standard Hagon monoshock with no remote adj, just cant afford to do anything else at the moment, i thought the guide lines for its adjustment on the box, very very wooly, i weigh arond 11.5 st and the wife or boy weight the same about 10 st as pillion,(good job she dont get on here !) i tighten down the preload adj ring 1 complete turn from its original position when it arrived, and fully wound the damping screw over to its hardest position (clockwise) and then back three quaters of a turn, and i am pleasently suprised at its performance, obviously you would have to take into consideration your own weight and stuff, but it works for me and is way better than the original. :thumbup:

Steve
tony.mon

Re: Hagon shock

Post by tony.mon »

Sounds about right.
I did buy the remote adjuster one, and although it makes setting preload (rear sag) easier you still have to faff about getting the the damping adjuster.

I set mine with less damping and a bit softer in winter. Seems to help with grip in slippery conditions.

As you say, it's an improvement on original, and not bad for the price.

Finish isn't all that; I had rust on the top collar mount after a few months and had to repaint it.
No probs since, though.

Now lives under an R+G shock sock so I can pretend it's a decent one. (Actually I fitted to keep heat from rear downpipe off the shock when in traffic).
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.