anyone recognize this exhaust?

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
20_rc51_00

anyone recognize this exhaust?

Post by 20_rc51_00 »

I just bought these pipes, they are stamped yoshimura on the end caps. None of the US guys on the other forums recognize them as something they have seen from yosh before. They have a removable baffle which I believe to be more common from Euro bikes from what my hunt for exhaust pipes has led me to believe. My thoughts are that they are Euro or Japanese market pipes. Thanks.

Wicky

Re: anyone recognize this exhaust?

Post by Wicky »

Interesting system with the link pipes, support brackets and silencer seeming all in one. Either modded up by owner/fabricator or came from Japan. Never seen anything like it here in Euro land.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
gordthebiker

Post by gordthebiker »

Don't look like real Yoshimura to me, never seen anything like that here.

Japanese auction - VTR1000f exhausts http://auctions.search.yahoo.co.jp/sear ... &ei=euc-jp
kevg

Post by kevg »

I'd say they were home made as well, with a set of Yoshi cans as starters.
cheerz

kev
20_rc51_00

Post by 20_rc51_00 »

the welds are phenomenal on the link pipes. beautiful stack of coins just like my yosh system on my rc51 sp1.... plus it appears to be made of the same material and the same expansion of the mids toward the cans.
Screaming Chief

Post by Screaming Chief »

The Yoshi stamp doesnt look as clean/pronounced as you would normally expect, but I have to say the pipes are different to the norm, thats for sure. :D
20_rc51_00

Post by 20_rc51_00 »

I contacted Yoshimura a few days back and provided them with some pics for ID. They confirmed that it was a Yoshimura product. It is an older gen RS-3 for the vtr1000 that was discontinued some time ago.