Michelin PR3 tyres

General Bike chat
stormingjoe

Michelin PR3 tyres

Post by stormingjoe »

Scarey read............ careful if you buy these tyres 8O
http://www.fz6-forum.com/forum/fz6-gene ... ere-8.html
1998 Firestorm, 47,000 miles, forks valved & sprung, proflex shock +4mm over standard, manual ccts', k&n, 50#slow 185#/190# mains, front carb slide mod, R6 throttle tube, Tank raised, Viper cans, Coerce fork brace, EBC lite front discs & pads.
lumpyv

Re: Michelin PR3 tyres

Post by lumpyv »

like the last guy said on the other forum , those tyres hadnt done 10000 ?????????
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
benny hedges

Re: Michelin PR3 tyres

Post by benny hedges »

thing is mate its an american forum.... on another yank forum i often use they are horrified that i change my tyres 3 times a year lol.
some are getting 60k+ out of a rear 8O WTF
they obviously dont ride the same as we do.
why use a 3ct tyre if you have no intention of ever leaning it.

and seriously... read on.... after seeing chunks fall off a tyre that shouldve been changed at least 5000 mile earlier, he continued to ride on the front until it blew out and wrote his bike off.

what a pillock!!!

like i have tyres in my garage with perfect tread on them but they are from like 1987. if i dropped them theyd probably shatter!
why spend 10grand on a bike and then scrimp on tyres, seeing its all thats between you and your maker. :Ball Kick:

nothing wrong with the tyres.... its the way they are being abused.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.