US Dynojet kit.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

US Dynojet kit.

Post by Pete.L »

Have a look at all the extra bits you get in the US kit.

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/1185.pdf
Spring slides and extra mains. a little jig to align your extra lift hole. And the price just reinforces the "Ripoff Brittan" regime :evil:

I bought and fitted my kit about a year ago and have always found the rear pot to be running leaner than the front as my kit said to fit matching jets, ie 180's in both front and rear.
Ive always thought this odd as the original honda one are different.
Is my kit out of date or is the US spec bike that much different? Anyone Know?

Pete.l
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Is it not someting to do with the US model being restricted so needs more modifications to get it breathing properly?
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Hi Al,
It could be. Or do you think they v'e just had more complains about the big hole you can get in the power dilivery after fitting their air filter?.
No I think most of there mods are just to reduce petrol fumes and burn off extra unburn't fuel in the exhaust. I don't think that would would make much difference to the differences in the main jet sizes.
Has anyone out there bought a kit in the last couple of months? If so, what did you get in it ?

Pete.l
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Hi again Pete.L.

I bought mine last year and it has the same part no as the US kit, but as you saw in the other topic the slide drill jig were missing.

I got three jet sizes, two fuel needles, e-clips and two washers + some nice Dynojet stickers :lol:

Compared to the US parts list much is missing.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

Yep.
same in my old kit. So are you changing the pipes as well Petrolhead? Any other mods in the pipeline?

Pete.l
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

No, not the pipes.
They are too noisy :lol:

I have changed to K&N air filter and the brake lines to Goodridge ones.

A nice set of pipes costs too much, I would probably sell the bike and use the money on a new bike instead.
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

I don't know if this will make you guys feel better...

I am in the US, and I have the dynojet kit in my bike.

I really regret installing the dynojet kit on my bike. After the kit install, it seems like the carbs fall out of balance much faster. I am no expert on carbs, but my guess is that the drilled vac slides are much more sensitive to the carb balance.

I wish I had just installed the jets and needles, and left the rest alone. I figure Honda has got loads of brainy people that can pretty much design something right the first go.
You know the Austin Powers movies? I have always wanted to date someone like Allota Fagina... but I always seem to date her sister Sandy.
--------------------------------------
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

The Hazmatguy said.
I figure Honda has got loads of brainy people that can pretty much design something right the first go.
Your probably right. I certainly don't think doing the kit is worth it on std pipes but I do think its a must on after market ones.

Pete.l
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

FYI.
I have now fitted the kit with std. pipes and a K & N filter.
It works fine and there is a much better throttle respons.
No problems so far.
MDJ

Re: jetting

Post by MDJ »

Just had HM Racing of Orpington, Kent set mine up. I have Micron cans K+N filter and 190 main jets which are what the kit suplies. 2 hours set up and it performs smoothly, predictably and produces 109.7bhp at the rear wheel.
Pete.L

Post by Pete.L »

8) 8) 8)
Now you can give it some real welly :twisted:
Pete.l
Budgie

Post by Budgie »

MDJ, how do you rate your Microns? I'm starting to get a bit bewildered by the number of cans on the market, but from what I've seen Microns look really well made. Anybody else, feel free to enlighten me with your opinions (please :) )
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Forgot to say.

Main jets 180
Needle clip in 4th posistion from bottom.
Mixture screw 2 turns out.
Slides drilled.
Last edited by petrolhead on Sat May 08, 2004 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
belerathon

Post by belerathon »

dyna jet kits bigest rip off in the world fit them if you want to mess your bike up.
MDJ

for Budgie, about Micron cans

Post by MDJ »

They are indeed well built and propely designed and tested to give good power and Carburation characteristics. They are well priced to boot and polish up LURVELY...... The noise level is not too excessive either (unless you cain it :twisted: )

BTW : 190 jets, needle possition 4 and drilled slides.

Anyone know what the effect of the drilled slides would be ? Del?

Belatherathon? what the hell are you talking about matey??? :? Don't you mean poorly set up kits wombles your bike up? Investing in correct set up is the important bit..