Pheasant plucker

General Biker Banter
storminateacup

Pheasant plucker

Post by storminateacup »

Attended an RTC on Sunday one bike involved. Straight road mature rider on ZXR 1100 minding his own business when WHAM a Pheasant flies across the road wacks him in the side of the head, he loses control and ends up in a ditch :eek2 . Net result bike written off, broken collar bone, Pheasant recovered and destined for the dinner table. :crazy:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Kev L

Re: Pheasant plucker

Post by Kev L »

There was a similar accident shown on one of the police, camera progs a while ago. The bird took off straight into the guys visor. Looking at the damage to his face you would have thought an iron bar had been involved rather than a soft pulpy bird. Just goes to show there is no such thing as a pleasant RTC.
I had a pigeon fly into me and hit me in the shoulder at relatively low speed (pulling away from lights on the A10) and that stung a bit. Also covered me leathers in pigeon juice! yuck.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
alec

Post by alec »

when i was driving lorries i had a pidgoen hit the passenger side of the windscreen i dont know what made more of a mess the pidgoen or the mate i had with me who was doing paperwork at the time and bloody near had a heart attack and threw the paperwork all over the cab lol, the n/s of the screen folded in though tough little bugger
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I had a Pheasant fly past my head on Saturday whilst doing an overtake. It was one of them moments when I saw it sitting at the side of the road up ahead and I said to myself that fecker is going to fly into my path. I was level with the car driver as it flew from left to right I eased off the throttle and dropped down onto the tank as the wee b8stard missed me by about a foot or so. Got the heart rate going a little and caused a lot of swearing under my helmet.

They are like suicide bombers up here at the moment, just hanging around the side of roads waiting for a victim to pass by unaware's.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

a pigeon hit one of the lads in the chest the other week.
one lad ducked and missed it so he dint see it coming... made a cracking bit red bit & knocked the stuffing out of him lol, doing about 70 at the time lol!

a low flying blackbird hit my car once and destroyed the plastic rad grill.. got some funny looks driving through town with the car smashed in and covered in blood!

i thought a pheasant was going to walk out on me last night... i swerved out just in case but it stayed put.
they are tough - like hitting a brick :crazy:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

heard a claim that a bee broke someones finger
dunno if it was a superbike myth
as i never seen it happen
but i guess is could be possible if fast enough
had a sparrow smack my knee once was a little bit messy
east london/essex [leyton ]
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

[youtube][/youtube]

Ouchies!
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that sounded sore :thumbdown:
AMcQ
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

close encounters with nature would like to see ure clips here with close encounters and impacts of course
east london/essex [leyton ]
Animal

Post by Animal »

My pheasant experience - approaching one at about 90 on my Firestorm, the thing was walking across the road, I slowed down to about 70 and went behind it, thinking this would be safe. The bastid spun on its heel and took off right at me.
I tried to duck but had a bulging tank bag and couldn't duck low enough. I hit it square on my head, really jolted my neck, not nice.

My pigeon experience - travelling on the M20 about 80 in the outside lane on my FJR with Mrs riding pillion.
A pigeon landed square in the middle of the lane, it realised this was a bad move and took off but all too late.
It hit square on the front of the bike, Mrs said what was that (Autocom installed)as we were engulfed in feathers. I just said we need to pull over.
When on the hard shoulder said pigeon was still there. Looked really funny, because of the electric screen its about a inch proud of the body work. This is where the pigeon had wedged its butt, its head was dangling between the headlights. It was really rammed in there as well it needed a good tug to remove.
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

you got to watch out for roadkill as well. i had a nasty wobbly going round a bend quite quickly and went over a squashed hedgehog. had a bumblebee hit right in the middle of my visor at about 80 . the helmet rang like a bell!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.