cct's thank you

General Bike chat
denisblackvtr

cct's thank you

Post by denisblackvtr »

A big thank you to this site for the info and step by step instructions on how to do the cct's. Have done them today, was a bit nervous about it but thanks to the info here done no probs. Den :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D
GAS GRASS OR ASS NOBODY RIDES FREE
tony.mon

Re: cct's thank you

Post by tony.mon »

Well done, all it takes is a bit of confidence and the ability to read....

Hope you tightened the locknuts up properly, though....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Glad it all went well :thumbup: Thanks for the feedback Den,

Chris.
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

Locknuts, what locknuts?.......Only kidding, yep locked them cheers Tony and yes it has given me confidence to do more. Yep Chris all i need is this site it seems. Cheers once again, Den :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

denisblackvtr wrote:Locknuts, what locknuts?.......Only kidding, yep locked them
did you put threadlock on them>>???

they do have a habit of working loose as some have found to their detriment... me included!
fortunately mine was on the driveway and i nipped them up without stopping the engine, but if it happens out on the road when you're throttling back it could be disastrous!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
alec

Post by alec »

and the threadlock stops the rear one from leaking oil,
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

No i did'nt threadlock them, which part do you threadlock, the part that goes into the cct or just the nut on the surface of cct? Should'nt leak oil as they have rubber seals on them when supplied. Den
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

its not a case of leaking oil... its more that they have a habit of vibrating loose... as does just about every other fastener on the storm lol.

suggest you back off the locknuts and mark the position of the long bolt, back it off a bit then apply some threadlock then put it back where it was & lock it all up - just to be safe like.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

Cheers Benny i will do that tomorrow. How will i do it without taking it all apart again or will i be safe just backing the cct off 1 turn? Den
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

yeh just back it off a bit... it'd have to come near enough all the way out to jump the teeth so dont worry.
you could wind it back 10mm with no problems, then you know it's locked in good & proper.
when you need to adjust them they will still move, just takes a bit more effort & they wont come undone on their own.

ive done over 14k on mine since fitting the ccts and they havent needed adjusting yet.
paddy

Post by paddy »

deffo use threadlock lads..... its the only way and its cheap too
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

Thanks very much for the advice boys, will do it tomorrow for defo. Den :thumbup: :thumbup: