Not getting the hump.

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sonofpat1969

Not getting the hump.

Post by sonofpat1969 »

Now the unenviable combination of a back garden turfed by Stevie Wonder, the coordination of Ozzie Osbourne and fingers provided by Lurpak has led to a couple of Firestorm shaped dents in the rockery and a fairing with more than a hint of araldite.
So never one to let an eBay opportunity pass, I now have a fairing, tail fairing, mudgard and tank in a new colour; yes I have embraced my inner Canary and opted for yellow, leaving the teal for spare or for when I sell the 'storm.
However I have now have a dilemma...
The new fairing set did not have a seat hump. A quick scan of ebay revealed a rarity similar to hens teeth and a price per weight normally reserved for saffron.
So... do I attempt to colour match and spray the said Teal hump yellow? Or
Paint it white race number board style so that If I go back to Teal its still usable? Or
Cover it with that carbon fibre style sticking back plastic? Which I have no experience of and will either look the 'bees knees' or tackier than a Skegness gift shop. Or
Do I just live without the hump?
As usual any thoughts greatly appreciated. Patrick
benny hedges

Re: Not getting the hump.

Post by benny hedges »

get the colour matched at halfords. 1 tin should do it tbh
im sure someone here has the same yellow & can give you the code from under the seat.

either that or do without until a yellow one pops up on ebay or here
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sonofpat1969

Post by sonofpat1969 »

Thanks.... 50 was more than the whole fairing set cost.... I think I might go for the halfords option, I know that someone posted the colour codes for the yellow 'storms the fairing came off a '98 are they all the same yellow.?

I am tempted to wait till I get hold of belly pan/under tray
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I have a new yellow VTR coming later this week (well new to me)...97 model

It has a yellow seat hump...which im pretty sure I wont need or want since my girlfriend comes with me on the bike most of the time anyway. Im sure we could sort out something better than £50...

Also has a bottom yellow fairing same as this (but in yellow)

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser ... 1606936411

and im about 50/50 whether to take that off or not too.
arnie

Post by arnie »

I'm looking for one too, the do seem very hard to find.. and £50 is a lot of cash ... might come across one at sometime, i'll keep looking 8O
Eclectic

Post by Eclectic »

Paid £53 for mine, 2 weeks ago. Still havent got it, Been a right rigmorale (sp?). But it is colour matched, and Im hoping it will look sexier than hell. Now, for a hugger...
sonofpat1969

Post by sonofpat1969 »

Thanks....definitely interested in hump.... pm me price .
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Cover it in stickers.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.