engine rattle

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
blacknek

engine rattle

Post by blacknek »

Hi There,

I was in Ireland on sunday with the bike, on the Antrim coast road, and I hurd a tick tick from the engine its like the front head thats makin a noise,
over 3,000 k then its no more...on idle somtimes theres no tick at all then its comes back....Iv got a blocker in the CCT but im not sure its them, Im not working tomorrow so I was look, but any idea's????

ed
benny hedges

Re: engine rattle

Post by benny hedges »

use a long screwdriver to the ear as a stethoscope & try to pinpoint it a bit better
works for me
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

you got a clock under the tank mate :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Failed front cct spring, I would have thought.
Stopper mod will have saved the valves, but fit either a replacement standard one, new spring (if you can find one) or manuals asap.

Check by using a small screwdriver down the end of the front one, and compare the feel to the rear one.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

well, over 2 hours the engine didnt tic like sunday, just sweet as a nut....so will have a ride on thursday and see if the tic tic has gone away lol

thanks guys

ed
warby221

Post by warby221 »

Ar just normal storm rider rattle paranoia then
its big----- its red ------its throbbing and it’s a thousand CC
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If it has gone away by itself, you either been visited by the magic CCT fairy (unlikely) or it was something caught in the chain or wheel areas which has now fallen out.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

Iv been out on the bike and its very intermittent now....just on the stand wen the engine running it comes and goes, used the screwdriver to lisen but dont think its the ccts?????? :think:

ed
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

i to have had this with mu cbr400 cbr600 cbr900 and the vtr1000
i never found the cause . when they started ticking and reved it the ticking got faster with the revs .
valves checked cams checked ccts checked carbs checked the only thing it could of been was who knows .
my storm dose it from time to time new oil helps as well as letting it worm up before a ride
blacknek

Post by blacknek »

hi lloyediecbr,

yep thats the same but after 3,000 revs it goes or the exhorst is to loud..lol I will change the oil and see what happeneds eh...

ed