Headlamp help

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
tinysmall

Headlamp help

Post by tinysmall »

This morning on my way to work my headlamp went kaput so n had to ride on main beam :( before it died it flickered and all other lights and indicators are working fine which leads me to believe the bulb is either loose or fried. I'm at work and as such, don't have my manual with me. Don't suppose anybody can talk me through how to get at it using the bikes cheese toolkit and a posidrive screwdriver? It's all I have under my seat at the minute.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
lloydie

Re: Headlamp help

Post by lloydie »

no tools needed just squeeze the side of the black block connector on the back of the head light and pull it off.
then pull the large black rubber boot of the light , then you will see a odd shaped clip.. on the right side of it push it in and lift up that will release the bulb .replace builb (h4) and put it back together :thumbup:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Easier to take the fairing off to get at and replace he bulb - putting the bulb holder clip back on can be tricky in situ.

Last time I looked Halfords had a 2 for the price of 1 deal on headlight bulbs
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tinysmall

Headlamp help

Post by tinysmall »

Ta muchly. I shot home in the works van to get my manual. I could have saved myself the trip if I had just looked at the bike. Lol. At least it's nice and easy. Cheapest h4 bulb in halfrauds was £14.99! Absolute rip off. Then to top it all off, after I had done the bulb I noticed that I've lost the little nozzle off my scott oiler that feeds the oil onto the chain. :( any idea where I can get a replacement?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Did you get the 2 for 1 bulb?

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... _langId_-1

You can order individual bit & bobs from the scottoiler website - Very quick delivery
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

tinysmall

Headlamp help

Post by tinysmall »

Just been back down to halfrauds to demand my free bulb. Turns out it's only on car bulbs. She checked on the system and then to make sure I wasn't being riddled I went and personally checked the product numbers on the shelf against those on the website and she was right. Only for cars :(
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

An H4 bulb is an H4 bulb and those packaged for MC are exactly the same as for cars. Did you have the bulb you bought earlier to exchange?

Where did you fit the scottoiler reservoir on your storm? I installed one yesterday and with the exposed section of subframe taken up with my shock remote reservoir, the only place I could get it was in the space to the side of the subframe in the tail unit behind the starter relay.

tinysmall

Headlamp help

Post by tinysmall »

Mines just next to the shock on the left of the subframe. Thought as much reference the bulbs but wasn't 100 percent and it's already fitted now with the packaging thrown away.
stevevtr

Post by stevevtr »

strap a torch to ya lid,get you out of trouble :thumbup:
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

i got these and clicked it in myself if i can do an armless chimp on crack can do it
ebay
east london/essex [leyton ]