Bike cover

General Bike chat
GREG-STORM

Bike cover

Post by GREG-STORM »

Hi to all, big v twin fan and just got myself a storm but I am in need of a cover, so can anyone confirm if I need a medium or large Oxford Stormex cover. Don't want one too tight that it scuffs or so loose it drags? Any help would be most appreciated.
oldbikeman

Re: Bike cover

Post by oldbikeman »

Always go for biggest or find some kind sole with a shed.I put an electric blanket over mine off my bed.
GREG-STORM

Post by GREG-STORM »

Thanks for that, was put of the large as people kept saying it would fit a Goldwing. Out of interest are there any good crash bungs that don't require any hole cutting. Cutting the holes not a problem but I have just managed to acquire a mint orange example and was trying to avoid too many mods.
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

I can't remember who made these but someone will know.
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Honda.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

Crash Bungs?
When I was 17 as I slid down the road under my brand new 250 I remember trying to hold it off the ground to avoid
more damage .At the time I was a pretty good rider so fitting sissy bars was a no no,like admitting to be a wuss.
Suppose it's the same thing with these new crash bungs.But if I had had your sense then maybe I'd still have two full butt cheeks.Now you have jogged my memory I will have a look at crash bung market.As to fitting them if you cannot remove said items without leaving holes it kind of defeats the object.
bazza696

Post by bazza696 »

oldbikeman wrote:Crash Bungs?
When I was 17 as I slid down the road under my brand new 250 I remember trying to hold it off the ground to avoid
more damage .At the time I was a pretty good rider so fitting sissy bars was a no no,like admitting to be a wuss.
Suppose it's the same thing with these new crash bungs.But if I had had your sense then maybe I'd still have two full butt cheeks.Now you have jogged my memory I will have a look at crash bung market.As to fitting them if you cannot remove said items without leaving holes it kind of defeats the object.
get DHM(double hard mushrooms) they come with a bracket that means you dont have to chop the fairing around.
GREG-STORM

Post by GREG-STORM »

Well a big thanks to all for the info, if it's of any interest the older medium Oxford Stormex cover that is listed as 173 x 94 x 140 fits a standard bike with standard pipes and 1" mirror extensions like a glove. Elastic is a bit tight but that will be short lived. Have acquired some used standard pipes to play around with, so a 40mm baffle mod should keep me busy till the weather improves. One thing I have yet to see is the recommended folk drop on a standard bike, the dark art item was useful for suspension set up but unclear on the drop. Don't get me wrong I am not intending to wear out a set of knee sliders any time soon but the front does have a slightly light feel.
Walenut

Post by Walenut »

tony.mon wrote:Honda.
That made me laff :lol:
Due to cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off!