what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great tribute Congratulations to you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
popkat

Post by popkat »

I'm glad the wind wasn't blowing more on the bike AL :eek2
Great pictures though and looks like you all had a fantastic day :thumbup:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

popkat wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:32 am I'm glad the wind wasn't blowing more on the bike AL :eek2
Great pictures though and looks like you all had a fantastic day :thumbup:

:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" this week.

Post by MacV2 »

Did CCT swap on Custurd II that I bought recently.

Dug out Blonkey that was last used for the few remaining commutes before retirment last year. It was used a few times after that but then retired itself when The Murvinator turned up...

Any how since then it's been sitting unused, had a tank swap in the meantime apart from that nothing.

So I decided to get it back on the road ready for taking on the commuting duties for the new job. Needs an MOT which is booked in for tomorrow...

Will it start ? Will it fek...

Just been out & checked theres no fule in the carbs...So either the pet rock is turned off, which I checked & dont think it is or the petcock is fubar...

Going to do the easy thing & just swap a tank over with one I know is working as It was running yesterday...If that sorts it then I'll look at swapping the petcock over...That of course means draining the fule out which is why its quicker just to swap the tank first... Of corse it's started raining & is due in all day...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So swapped the tank on Blonkey, fired up straight away. So must be an issue with the petcock...Also swapped the front pads out as they were a bit on the low side...

Got it insured, MOT in the morning.

Tax can wait till the 1st then it will become the commutor for the new job... :thumbup:
MickMick

Post by MickMick »

Today, I put her at the back of the garage as she scares the sh1t out of me so riding the CB750FD.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

dragged mine out of the shed and dumped it in the workshop. i'm refusing to sell it even though its painful to ride, so taking a hacksaw to the subframe and making it lower. tried different bikes and there's nothing out there floats my boat
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

New tyre fitted to the front now (new rear was last month). Cleaned up the disc carriers while the front wheel was off the bike and spun all 16 disc bobbins after brake cleaner was applied whilst turning them at the same time, each one individually of course :wink: With the wheel re-fitted and the brake calipers I can now get just over 6 full revolutions from the front wheel after giving it a hard spin by hand with front mudguard removed :D

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Nice one Chris, it’s a nice feel with new rubber

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:02 pm New tyre fitted to the front now (new rear was last month). Cleaned up the disc carriers while the front wheel was off the bike and spun all 16 disc bobbins after brake cleaner was applied whilst turning them at the same time, each one individually of course :wink: With the wheel re-fitted and the brake calipers I can now get just over 6 full revolutions from the front wheel after giving it a hard spin by hand with front mudguard removed :D

Chris.
What you need is a set of nice ceramic bearings.
Also, new caliper seals pull the pads back off the disc as soon as the brake is released.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So Hamburg (nee Blonkey) sailed through it's MOT today, needs new tyres soon, front low & rear Squared off, these were on Custurd & were swapped over when it was still being used for commuting to Greenwich so I've had me moneys worth out of them...

Going to wait until Thursday to tax it then it will be the daily commutor for the new job, it's around 10 miles so a 20 mile commute is a bit better than the 70 I was doing previously... Need to refresh the forks & I'll probaly refresh the brakes as well.

Jobs for Monday if I have the fork oil in stock...
Hamburg MOT.jpg
Pentode

Post by Pentode »

Front end conversion's slowly coming together now and dead chuffed to get the new Brembo stoppers on the rim 😊

Insufferable halfwit.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:32 pm Nice one Chris, it’s a nice feel with new rubber Image

:lol: So they say :thumbup:

Cheers Duffy,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:08 pm
sirch345 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:02 pm New tyre fitted to the front now (new rear was last month). Cleaned up the disc carriers while the front wheel was off the bike and spun all 16 disc bobbins after brake cleaner was applied whilst turning them at the same time, each one individually of course :wink: With the wheel re-fitted and the brake calipers I can now get just over 6 full revolutions from the front wheel after giving it a hard spin by hand with front mudguard removed :D

Chris.
What you need is a set of nice ceramic bearings.
Also, new caliper seals pull the pads back off the disc as soon as the brake is released.
8) :thumbup:
Although I'm quite happy with how mine are performing atm,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Pentode wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:48 pm Front end conversion's slowly coming together now and dead chuffed to get the new Brembo stoppers on the rim 😊

They do look good 8)

Chris.