what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

Duffy, the extra height at the back makes the stance of the bike look right compared to before, looks like it would want to go round corners now. :thumbup:
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Duffy, the extra height at the back makes the stance of the bike look right compared to before, looks like it would want to go round corners now. :thumbup:
Your spot on Al, after you mentioned it I asked on the FJ forum and they advised on the hagon shock also. Drops in nicely now and feels much more stable. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:54 am Nice little shake down ride on the FJ after fettling today.
Fitted Silver Spot Calipers off of a XSR700 as I prefer the look compared to the R1 blue spots I had fitted.
Also fitted a Hagon rear shock and 120mm dog bones to Jack the rear by 25mm and while I was at it added a sheet of rubber to protect the shock from crud. Also fitted a pair of engine bars.

Now it feels much more stable and planted in corners. ImageImageImage

Good work Duffy :thumbup:

Glad to read you're happy with the modifications 8)

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks Chris, I am

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stripped the rear end off Blonkey, gave the sub frame a derust & coat of black.

Took off the swingarm compleat & replaced with a nice clean one with a refreshed linkage even put a lower miles shock I had in stock.

Still to do repalce the loom, freshen the forks, could do with a rad flush & new coolant but that I'll need to buy, new hydralic fluids & might change the rear calliper as I have a refreshed one sitting on the side...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

More Blonkey ness...

Fitted the newly painted subframe. Fitted a newly cleaned up coolant overflow bottle, fed the loom through from the back, conected front coil, rad wire & TPS. Refitted heat sheild & carbs.

Took off the clock fairing stay, de rust & a coat of black, cleaned up the rear foot hangers & gave them a coat of black.

Cleaned & refitted the undertray...

That'll do for today... :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

You've been busy in the last couple of days Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:07 pm You've been busy in the last couple of days Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
I have, finnaly pulled me finger out... :lol: :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:32 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:07 pm You've been busy in the last couple of days Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
I have, finnaly pulled me finger out... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: I'm glad to hear you are up to it now after your injuries :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So spent most of yesterday in the cave...

Farted around swapping the chain over from Custurd to Blonkey as it was faily low miles, Had already swapped the sprokets over as thats the easy bit...

So hung up Custurd wheel out chain off, replaced it with Blonkeys old one... Boxed that back up. Parked it out side, got Blonkey in & strung it up, wheel out ect... Gave the chain a good clean & lube & refitted it...Boxed it back up...

Also swapped the side stands over as Custurd had a modded Blackbird one on it. After a clean up, rub down & a coat of Black...

When I put the repalcment loom on I foud that the TPS plug was damamaged on the new loom...Missed it when pre fitting clean...Basicaly the the clip that hold it in place was broken off. Fitted anyway & I was gonna put a zip tie on to hold it in place...Bodgetastic ! :lol:

Then whilst thinking about things as you do thought I should be able to unpick the wires & swap over the plug...Sure enough when I had a look at the one on the loom that came off...The plug has an outer casing that is the bit that was broken, just held on with a couple of tangs, small flat blade & a pick & its off...Went back to the broken one took that off & replaced it Job done, didn't even need to unpick the wires...Which would have been easy enough to do, theres a white plate that comes off & under that you can see the tangs that hold the wires in, easy enough to un pick those & then pull the wires out...

Still some more bits to do then have to MOT & insure & tax the bugger...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great work Macster

Duffy1964
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I finally got around to fitting the Firestorm side stand I modified (welded a 6mm thick plate to the bottom of it for those who missed that topic).

Also I checked out the starting wiring with the DMMeter. I have noticed the voltage dropping below 10 volts on initial start up occasionally (I have a volt meter fitted incase you were wondering lol). The wiring all checked okay. I then checked to see how old the Yuasa battery is. It's 4yrs old February gone. I usually get around 8 or 9yrs from Yuasa batteries so I will keep an eye on it.

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went out on Nue Red to get some coolant for blonkey...

Finished off the loom placement on the rear end all conected up & secured. Undertay in, hugger fitted.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Final fit of the loom, battery on, rear hangers back on. Thats the rear done.

Drained & flushed the coolant, refilled with new, will need a check when I get it running...

Replacment clocks fitted & all the loom at the front routed & pluged in. Put some LED lamps in the indi & clock lamps. All tested & working.

Throttle conected, air box back on oh & fitted a vac takeoff for balancing... Plus fitted some inline fule fillters.

Waiting for some fork seals to come.

Getting there... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rear indis fitted, fronts fitted to fairing, new legal size No. plate fitted.

Swapped the rear calliper for one with new pads & had a recent refresh, bled up nice & solid.

New fluid to the clutch, drained, flushed, new Dot 4 & a working clutch in about 15 mins... :thumbup: