what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
mjvw

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by mjvw »

Well, its sump off today... plan A to remove sheared sump bolt failed, got nice center pop went in with small drill to start off then went to drill size for the easyout extractor went in a treat good depth and hold but it snapped, so Plan B sump off.
Exhaust came off in one piece as bike was on its side oil dropped and all the other sump bolts came loose easily. Let’s hope plan B works :D
Look forward to fitting the new secondand oil cooler pipes that dont have a build up coral.
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

mjvw wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:38 am Well, its sump off today... plan A to remove sheared sump bolt failed, got nice center pop went in with small drill to start off then went to drill size for the easyout extractor went in a treat good depth and hold but it snapped, so Plan B sump off.
Exhaust came off in one piece as bike was on its side oil dropped and all the other sump bolts came loose easily. Let’s hope plan B works :D
Look forward to fitting the new secondand oil cooler pipes that dont have a build up coral.
If plan B fails I have a spare sump if you need one.
:thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Cheers MacV2 hopefully all will be well :D
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Went out for a chilly but dry* spin on The Mervinator.

Run a few erands & got some bits N bobs...

* The local Quatermass site is having construction done. So lots of trucks coming on to the road with shite loads of shite n mud.

As I came up the road there was a sweeper truck 'cleaning' the road... What it left behind it was like riding on ice FFS ! I was not going fast maybe 30ish in the 40 zone, saw the swepper up ahead & slowed a bit more & the rear end started fishtailing on the slury the feker was leaving behind it... 8O

Got stable crossed to the other side of the road & overtook the bloody thing...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:28 pm Went out for a chilly but dry* spin on The Mervinator.

Run a few erands & got some bits N bobs...

* The local Quatermass site is having construction done. So lots of trucks coming on to the road with shite loads of shite n mud.

As I came up the road there was a sweeper truck 'cleaning' the road... What it left behind it was like riding on ice FFS ! I was not going fast maybe 30ish in the 40 zone, saw the swepper up ahead & slowed a bit more & the rear end started fishtailing on the slury the feker was leaving behind it... 8O

Got stable crossed to the other side of the road & overtook the bloody thing...
Yes, had the same overtaking a snowplough on the m25 a few years back. Best leave them behind you.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Fitted new brake pads and bleed the brakes . Put the seat unit on and fairing ready to start body work .

Bins in pic :clap:
Attachments
EE60D415-3557-46A8-935C-822C17396674.jpeg
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Getting there mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kev L wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:33 pm Getting there mate :thumbup:
I’m at the point where I’m no longer taking 2 steps back when moving forward . :thumbup: Might even get to ride it this year
Last edited by lloydie on Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Fingers crossed fella
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:36 pm
Kev L wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:33 pm Getting there mate :thumbup:
I’m at the point where I’m no longer taking 2 steps back when moving forward . :thumbup: Might even get to ride it this year
The engine sounds good Lloydie :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Treated The Murvinator to repacement oil lines, std ones off ebay nice & shiney, a replacment R/H rad as I buggered up the old one by snapping the overflow spigot off in a hamfisted tube reattachment... & changed the L/H switchgear...Indi switch playing up. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Been fettling with another addition to the Duffcave ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:34 pm Been fettling with another addition to the Duffcave ImageImage

That looks good Duffy 8)

I'm not really familiar with this beauty. Do tell us more :)
Have you had to do a lot with this bike :?:

Chris.
Duffy1964

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

sirch345 wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:34 pm Been fettling with another addition to the Duffcave ImageImage

That looks good Duffy 8)

I'm not really familiar with this beauty. Do tell us more :)
Have you had to do a lot with this bike :?:

Chris.
Hi Chris, it’s a Yamaha TDR250 2 stroke twin with a YPVS power valve like the RD350Lc’s have
1990 in original condition with matching numbers. They are getting pretty rare and expensive now.

It’s been standing 7 years so I need to strip cabs down and ultrasonic clean them, new plugs oil and a general check over.

I’m trying to keep it as original as possible, but also need to touch it stone chips on the frame and the tank has a bit of rust on the paint where the tachometer sits, may need to powder coat the swinging arm too.

But I don’t really want to do a full resto as they are only original once.

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

Nice Duffers.

The origional one & only supermoto. Well ahead of it's time.

Proper hoon to ride. Never owned one but rode a few back in the day when the frst came out. :thumbup: :thumbup: