what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

mjvw wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:43 am Loving the Matt Black look sweet :thumbup:
I didn't hence the fairing swap... All the matt black panels are avaliable if you want them Inc the tank.

It's not matt black paint it's fecking underseal !
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finally! Another one is back living and breathing.
DSC_6590.JPG
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:14 pm Finally! Another one is back living and breathing.

DSC_6590.JPG
:thumbup: :thumbup:

Frank says well done... :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

MacV2 wrote:
Image Image

Frank says well done... Image
I've got to congratulate him. Since he took over general operational responsibility service has been much improved. Image

Thanks for all your help.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice one nick. It looks good
AMcQ
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nice one nick. It looks good
That's it's best side. It's been down the road so the bodywork needs a little work and paint sorting on the other side. Coolant tomorrow and a quick run through the warm up process then it'll up for sale for someone else to finish off. Someone who likes sorting bodywork would have it looking sweet and on the road in no time.
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:48 pm
MacV2 wrote:
Image Image

Frank says well done... Image
I've got to congratulate him. Since he took over general operational responsibility service has been much improved. Image

Thanks for all your help.
Look he's getting too big for his boots as it is without comments like that... Thanks a bunch !

Plus I have to put up with his country cousin thanks to Jonesy...
Frank & Cous 1.jpg
Thats twice the amount of Egg Fly Rice I have to cook now...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:14 pm Finally! Another one is back living and breathing.

DSC_6590.JPG
Well done Nick :clap:

Good man Mac for getting Frank moving :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:55 pm
AMCQ46 wrote:Nice one nick. It looks good
That's it's best side. It's been down the road so the bodywork needs a little work and paint sorting on the other side. Coolant tomorrow and a quick run through the warm up process then it'll up for sale for someone else to finish off. Someone who likes sorting bodywork would have it looking sweet and on the road in no time.
that looks a grand job. :thumbup: those casings dont look standard? whats hiding inside them :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So took HamStorm out for a shake down ride prior to it's comencment of commuting duties tomorrow.

Only rode it to MOT station & back, twice but as of Sunday its taxed up so Nipped out for a shake down run & to get some bits n bob + Fill it up with fule...

All good except it cut out at a set of lights but only as tick over too low, fired straight back up & tick over raised when I stopped for fule.

Got home lubed the hot chain... Wipped the fairing off & put in an LED headlight bulb, had standard in for MOT...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

On Saturday I Dragged the storm out of the corner of the garage to get ready for the Scotland storm trip. It has sat under cover for ages as I keep using the KTM 8O , I think I used it twice last year, once for the Scotland weekend and once for the Wales weekend, then it has been for its MOT earlier this year....then it has sat on the trickle charger since then.

Guess what... Not enough battery ummph to start it :?

Jump started it, then charged the battery..... So I went out tonight to check it, and got about 3 turns of the engine then flat again :evil: .

So I have ordered one off the eBay seller that mac recommended and hoping they deliver on Thursday like they promised, otherwise I will be bringing jump leads on the Scotland trip :lol:
AMcQ
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:28 pm So took HamStorm out for a shake down ride prior to it's comencment of commuting duties tomorrow.

Only rode it to MOT station & back, twice but as of Sunday its taxed up so Nipped out for a shake down run & to get some bits n bob + Fill it up with fule...

All good except it cut out at a set of lights but only as tick over too low, fired straight back up & tick over raised when I stopped for fule.

Got home lubed the hot chain... Wipped the fairing off & put in an LED headlight bulb, had standard in for MOT...
Hey Mac,have you got a link to an easy fit LED bulb please...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

TaxiDriver wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:52 am
MacV2 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:28 pm So took HamStorm out for a shake down ride prior to it's comencment of commuting duties tomorrow.

Hey Mac,have you got a link to an easy fit LED bulb please...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... s&_sacat=0
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:15 pm On Saturday I Dragged the storm out of the corner of the garage to get ready for the Scotland storm trip. It has sat under cover for ages as I keep using the KTM 8O , I think I used it twice last year, once for the Scotland weekend and once for the Wales weekend, then it has been for its MOT earlier this year....then it has sat on the trickle charger since then.

Jump started it, then charged the battery..... So I went out tonight to check it, and got about 3 turns of the engine then flat again :evil: .

So I have ordered one off the eBay seller that mac recommended and hoping they deliver on Thursday like they promised, otherwise I will be bringing jump leads on the Scotland trip :lol:
good news .... the new AGM type battery arrived as predicted thumbs up for the service of Tayna batterys :thumbup:
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:55 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:15 pm On Saturday I Dragged the storm out of the corner of the garage to get ready for the Scotland storm trip. It has sat under cover for ages as I keep using the KTM 8O , I think I used it twice last year, once for the Scotland weekend and once for the Wales weekend, then it has been for its MOT earlier this year....then it has sat on the trickle charger since then.

good news .... the new AGM type battery arrived as predicted thumbs up for the service of Tayna batterys :thumbup:
Good news it arrived in time.
Which make battery did you go for Al :?:

Chris.