what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Shauned71 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:59 pm A bit of cleaning and polishing on another impulse buy :lol: Has now been put away for winter and will be something to tinker with next year. Quick tidy and sort out in the shed ready before I pull the covers off these two. Plan is to build one very nice storm out of the two.
One of my favourite colour schemes for a Fireblade 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i done a stupid thing :lol: let me explain.

my mate rode into his garage 3 years ago on his 600 Ducati monster and decided to pull it into a few large chunks to clean up and tidy a few bits over winter. and its sat since.

today he decided he needs the room and called me... il be picking it up in the chunks after xmas ,for the same price iv payed for sets of tyres in the past :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 i couldnt not give it a home..

biggest problem i see with it is its blue :lol: who the fexk buys a blue monster????
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 pm i done a stupid thing :lol: let me explain.

my mate rode into his garage 3 years ago on his 600 Ducati monster and decided to pull it into a few large chunks to clean up and tidy a few bits over winter. and its sat since.

today he decided he needs the room and called me... il be picking it up in the chunks after xmas ,for the same price iv payed for sets of tyres in the past :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 i couldnt not give it a home..

biggest problem i see with it is its blue :lol: who the fexk buys a blue monster????
:lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Get dave O'C to paint it truck bed black :thumbup:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 pm i done a stupid thing :lol: let me explain. Nothing new there then...

Send it over bit by bit to Buzzer...

Then fly over & ride it home when he's done turning it Orange... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Bearings arrived from https://shop.marksman-ind.com/ta1720z-- ... 1eccb38c26 fitted to the Arm/sub cushion assembly flush using home made bearing press, used old bearing casing to press in extra 5mm to allow dust seals to be fitted, when they arrive from Honda.
New shock arrives tomorrow went for a YSS MZ456-345TRL-07 due to budget.
Storming About :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:11 pm Get dave O'C to paint it truck bed black :thumbup:
we have already had that conversation :lol: :lol: he called me not the other way round lol

@mac.. bloody great idea actually
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mjvw wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:15 pm Bearings arrived from https://shop.marksman-ind.com/ta1720z-- ... 1eccb38c26 fitted to the Arm/sub cushion assembly flush using home made bearing press, used old bearing casing to press in extra 5mm to allow dust seals to be fitted, when they arrive from Honda.
New shock arrives tomorrow went for a YSS MZ456-345TRL-07 due to budget.
I'll be interested to hear your opinion on the YSS shock when the warmer weather is back next year :)

Chris.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Yep, sirch345 will report back have read the reviews and post on this forum do wish I could afford one of the other offerings. :(
Keeping hold of the used OEM one just in case…. not sure if they can be refurbed? :?
Also ride hight is ajustable by 5mm on new shock was going to fit a 4mm shock spacer so wont need that now.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took The Murviator out for a spin...

Just a bit of shoping nothing serious & of course it started drizzing on the way home... Grrrrr.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Today I had it back together and ready for startup and carb balance but it didn’t go as planned !

No power to the coil for cylinder 1&4.
Carbs leaking from bowls ,mixture screws,drains .
Oh and leaking from sump plug .
I’ll get these sorted and try again in spring
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mjvw wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:46 am Yep, sirch345 will report back have read the reviews and post on this forum do wish I could afford one of the other offerings. :(
Keeping hold of the used OEM one just in case…. not sure if they can be refurbed? :?
Also ride hight is ajustable by 5mm on new shock was going to fit a 4mm shock spacer so wont need that now.
Good man :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:49 am Today I had it back together and ready for startup and carb balance but it didn’t go as planned !

No power to the coil for cylinder 1&4.
Carbs leaking from bowls ,mixture screws,drains .
Oh and leaking from sump plug .
I’ll get these sorted and try again in spring
Unlucky Lloydie, disappointing I imagine although nothing sounding to drastic, fingers crossed it's not anyway,

Chris.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Chain and Sprocket kit fitted , started fitting new bearings to powder coated swingarm oneside done but got a little cold in the VTR cave so in for a warm.
Image Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mjvw wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:20 pm Chain and Sprocket kit fitted , started fitting new bearings to powder coated swingarm oneside done but got a little cold in the VTR cave so in for a warm.
Image Image
You're getting there :thumbup:

Chris.