what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

Rode the RD up to a mates house, its going spot on after a carb clean then spent two hours saying no its not for sale :eek2 , selling it had crossed my mind but not a chance now its back on the road, outa the 3 bikes its the one i enjoy riding the most just for simple enjoyment of being on a bike :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bikes" today

Post by MacV2 »

Pulled them all out...TBH 2 stayed put... :lol:

Dug out Nue Red, put a battery on it, put some fuel in it, put a few psi in both tyres, cranked it over & it's out of it's winter hibernation !

Due an MOT so will give it a going over tomorrow, might even take it for a spin if the fekin rain holds off...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Made some suspension adjustments but weather wasn’t looking great so not had a chance to see if it’s improved hopefully some nice days next week to get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Fitted Denso stick coils, supplied as a kit by Matt Bikes on the FB forum - dunno if it'll improve 'owt, there was nowt wrong with the ignition & it ran sweet before doing the mod but for that price I thought I'd replace the 25 year old coils. Nowt to it, piece of cake.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellabell wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:04 pm Fitted Denso stick coils, supplied as a kit by Matt Bikes on the FB forum - dunno if it'll improve 'owt, there was nowt wrong with the ignition & it ran sweet before doing the mod but for that price I thought I'd replace the 25 year old coils. Nowt to it, piece of cake.

It'll be interesting to hear what you think of them :?: :D

Are these coils brand new or pre-loved lol (used) :?:

Chris.
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Hi Chris, not sure tbh. They look brand new. The wiring and waterproof block connectors are new, direct straight fit to the vtr loom. It's a nice kit, very simple no messing. They're modified cbr1000 coils and come with the ridges smoothed off where the rubber boot slides on. The fella's done a lovely job, even down to the fitting instructions & colour photo's.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellabell wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 9:24 pm Hi Chris, not sure tbh. They look brand new. The wiring and waterproof block connectors are new, direct straight fit to the vtr loom. It's a nice kit, very simple no messing. They're modified cbr1000 coils and come with the ridges smoothed off where the rubber boot slides on. The fella's done a lovely job, even down to the fitting instructions & colour photo's.
Hi Mick, Even if they not brand new, they will most likely be newer than our Storm ones :thumbup: :thumbup:

It's nice to have a plug and play though 8) 8)

Chris.
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Looks like he can source as many as required... also does reg/rec kits & TPS kits.

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

A grand we day up at the practice for the NW200 today..now sitting like a cripple after the miles on dori.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

yellabell wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 1:48 pm Looks like he can source as many as required... also does reg/rec kits & TPS kits.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:36 pm A grand we day up at the practice for the NW200 today..now sitting like a cripple after the miles on dori.ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
Looking good Rob 8) 8)

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Nue Red went for his annual prodding & pulling by a strange man, who then wanted £29 for the privilege of fondling one of my babies... 8O

Passed no advisories. 2515miles this past year... 2 trips to Devon & one to Wales...Put to bed for 6 months over winter. Must try harder.

Or not use The Murvinator or Rothburg... Hahahaha
Mac's mot..jpg
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Set off to Gatwick on the KTM, flew to Sardinia in my leathers and got onto a Ducati MultiStrade V2…. it should have been the V4, but it has been crashed :(
On my way
On my way
Have to say it felt a bit flat compared to Ktm but them I found out the throttle progression was set to medium, tomorrow i will test it set to fast progression.
Ducati
Ducati
But at least it is sunny and there is local beer
Pool
Pool
Beer
Beer
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:46 pm Nue Red went for his annual prodding & pulling by a strange man, who then wanted £29 for the privilege of fondling one of my babies... 8O

Passed no advisories. 2515miles this past year... 2 trips to Devon & one to Wales...Put to bed for 6 months over winter. Must try harder.

Or not use The Murvinator or Rothburg... Hahahaha

Mac's mot..jpg
Good job Mac :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:51 pm Set off to Gatwick on the KTM, flew to Sardinia in my leathers and got onto a Ducati MultiStrade V2…. it should have been the V4, but it has been crashed :(

IMG_5232.jpeg

Have to say it felt a bit flat compared to Ktm but them I found out the throttle progression was set to medium, tomorrow i will test it set to fast progression.

IMG_5238.jpeg

But at least it is sunny and there is local beer

420D46FC-7094-4D91-87F1-650DD9935CB2.jpeg
EF2F8046-D2A4-46EE-BDC3-6B1B8AD02169.jpeg
Enjoy your time in Sardinia Al :D :D

A shame about the V4, but it will be good on the V2 once changed out of the medium setting :wink: :wink:

Chris.