what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:53 pm Good result Chris, well done. Glad you were happy with the service they offered as well :thumbup:
Thanks Kev :thumbup: me too :)

Service write up here: viewtopic.php?p=495496#p495496

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spin out to get a booster jab...

Couldnt resist the clinical waste bins photo opportunity... :lol:
Murviator bin shot 1.jpg
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:41 pm Spin out to get a booster jab...

Couldnt resist the clinical waste bins photo opportunity... :lol: Murviator bin shot 1.jpg
2 for one as you got the grit bin in too :clap: :beer:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

lloydie wrote:
MacV2 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:41 pm Spin out to get a booster jab...

Couldnt resist the clinical waste bins photo opportunity... Image Murviator bin shot 1.jpg
2 for one as you got the grit bin in too :clap: Image
3 for 1, with the black bin Mac has stylishly crashed his red Storm into! Image

Jamie :wave:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

a man of many bin shots :eek2 :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

happy days sir :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

The 'grit bin' was clinical waste as well... :Tongue1:

Thats a temp fairing as The Murviators red fairing is on Nue Red whilst Nue Reds is away for repair... The one on it is the underseal painted one that was on Blonkey... Trimmed to fit the flat bars...So didn't mind hacking it... So :Tongue1: :Tongue2: :Tongue3:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

MacV2 wrote:The 'grit bin' was clinical waste as well... :Tongue1:

Thats a temp fairing as The Murviators red fairing is on Nue Red whilst Nue Reds is away for repair... The one on it is the underseal painted one that was on Blonkey... Trimmed to fit the flat bars...So didn't mind hacking it... So :Tongue1: :Tongue2: :Tongue3:
ImageImage

If it makes any difference, I like it! Image

Jamie :wave:
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

Jamoi wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:22 pm
MacV2 wrote:The 'grit bin' was clinical waste as well... :Tongue1:

ImageImage

If it makes any difference, I like it! Image
It will probably stay as it saves cutting up a decent fairing...
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

lloydie wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:06 am
Shauned71 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:48 am Not really storm related other than this is my warm up ready to rebuild my storm over the winter. Today.. and the previous 9 days I have been sorting this thing out. Fancied something different to go with my Storm and Varadero.. the vara being a cheap 05 plate I picked up a few months ago as a non runner.. And this thing I picked up a couple weeks ago after it been stood in a damp garage for 7 years.
Nice find but don’t touch the front water union on the engine as it’ll crumble and don’t cut the number plate holder or you’ll be loosing £250 ! .
Not a cheap bike to fix up as I’m finding out . Good luck and keep all the original parts. If you do touch the front water pipe union here is a part that’ll fit as the blade part is discontinued
Strange.. I replied just after you posted.. obviously I did something wrong :roll:

The water union.. have broke a couple blades over the years and have come across this.. I have done all the basics, cleaning etc on this bike but didn't tempt fate by touching the union.. figuring if it aint broke don't fix it... that little outlet is bound to break off if I look at it :lol:
Won't be cutting the tray, want to keep the bike as original as poss until I know what I am doing long term with it. Had a blade 20 years ago and my back wasn't happy with it back then but I fancied something different to go with my storm and varardero. Didn't realise the trays were fetching that much coin though.. have seen the earlier model trays fetching big bucks but didn't know it was the same for this one.. that's like a third of what I paid for the whole bike :lol:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Might as well join the club and pull the rear shock for a service. Also pulled the fairing to check all the new hose clamps and check the side cover bolts. I also plan to drop the oil cooler a little lower for better air flow as I now know you can't remove the front stick coil with it in place. So if I need to drop the cooler to change the front plug, might as well put it a better position.

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Tackled suspension guess what need a new shock suspension bearings :eek2 others ok but shock one came out like dust (well almost) two outer bearing cages stuck in, gave up for the day to figure out how to get them out. :(
Last edited by mjvw on Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Storming About :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Fitted the new water union and refitted the exhaust and rad then fitted the sub loom and chain guards .
Put it away and covered it up .
Only a dozen more parts to order before I tackle the cosmetics
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Newly serviced Nitron Shock back in, linkages greased and refitted.

Headers cleaned and refitted, new rivets in right side carbon can as the old ones were coming loose and it was at risk of fretting damage, then the cans back on and levelled..

Cleaned and oiled the BMC air filter and put the airbox back together.

Ordered an eastern beaver auxiliary wiring box, but I expect that may take some time to get shipped over, so work might have to move to the fairing, which is starting to go brittle and crumble around the mounting screws, I suspect the loctite has reacted with the ABS plastic :P
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:26 pm Newly serviced Nitron Shock back in, linkages greased and refitted.

Headers cleaned and refitted, new rivets in right side carbon can as the old ones were coming loose and it was at risk of fretting damage, then the cans back on and levelled..

Cleaned and oiled the BMC air filter and put the airbox back together.

Ordered an eastern beaver auxiliary wiring box, but I expect that may take some time to get shipped over, so work might have to move to the fairing, which is starting to go brittle and crumble around the mounting screws, I suspect the loctite has reacted with the ABS plastic :P
I'm glad to hear you now have your Nitron shock back Al :thumbup:

Chris.