Advice for breaking a bike needed

General Biker Banter
rst steve

Advice for breaking a bike needed

Post by rst steve »

Well looks like the storm might have to be broken. Really dont wanna do it seems like such a shame to break up a perfectly good bike but seems like no one wants to part with the cash to buy it as a whole even though its a bargain. Never broken a bike before so what is the best way to do it??? Had a few people after bits but non of the major components think i would rather have buyers for the major parts first so i dont end up out of pocket. Really dont wanna do this but cant see that im left with any other option. :sad2
tony.mon

Re: Advice for breaking a bike needed

Post by tony.mon »

E-Bay.
Just unbolt everything, leave the engine in one bit but take the clutch and alternator covers off, and list all parts with a honest description, and several photos.

Ignore the hopeful "£700 for my engine" idiots and you'll get just as much as you would have sold it for in one piece.

After you've relisted the things that didn't sell so they've been on there twice, dump everything you haven't sold on here for a job lot of a tenner.

The more key words you use in the description the better, so instead of "VTR" use "VTR 1000 f firestorm fire storm superhawk super hawk" and all searchers will find your parts.
Start with a 99p bid; it won't sell for that, but you'll get loads more watchers.

Lastly offer discounted P+P for people who buy more than one part, ("contact me for P+P discount if you want more than one part, see my other listings)and space your sales out by 20 or 30 minutes each for finish times so bidders get a chance to process payment before the next one's finished.

And get your sales out following day- buyers are often off the road waiting for that bit!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
LotusSevenMan

Re: Advice for breaking a bike needed

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I agree with all above. Also nice pix of major components and a bit of decent, honest info goes a long way. :thumbup:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!