More from France

General Biker Banter
simon t

More from France

Post by simon t »

Hi all, I expect you're heartily sick of me banging on about the joys of France but here I go again!

Just got back from a) a holiday visiting castles in the Languedoc and b) a bike tour round Mt Blanc. On both occasions some stunning countryside was visited - though I didn't help my cause by doing a 12 hour day getting home from the Alps. I know I've got a warm spot for my little corner of the country, but frankly anywhere in the bottom half of France is gonna be pretty fabulous, riding and visiting. The message is. as always, just do it. And if you do only one col, make it the Col d'Iseran - wild and nearly 9000 feet!

On another front, I've got yet another toy, to help me survive the winter here. 17 year old Suzuki Samurai. No way is this white stilettos and down the shopping mall. Some major off-roading and serious firewood collecting, to get us through the looong winter.

Pics, as always, on the flickr link below.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Re: More from France

Post by cupasoop »

Good to hear from you again Simon. Just back from a week in the Loire Valley myself, based just south of Tours. Not a bad part of the world there.
Rich.

Stratman

Re: More from France

Post by Stratman »

Just been staying at Bourg St Maurice with a couple of others. Did the Col d'Iseran several times - here's a picture heading up there and looking down on Val d'Isere

and one from the top
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!