here she is

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
vtrmann

here she is

Post by vtrmann »

almost done, after many weeks of neglect i finally got some plastic fited.

single sided swing arms rule....!
benny hedges

Re: here she is

Post by benny hedges »

well i havent seen one like that before - well done - very tastefull indeed :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
BMXR

Post by BMXR »

Great idea, looks great - Honda's 916 with the single sided swing-arm; You should be working for Honda's R&D Team!

Was it a lot of work get the VFR swinger to fit?
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

doing the conversion is not childs play....if your going for a straight swap and nothing else i suppose its not too dificult, you just need to extend the brake lines, new chain, exhaust and the machined parts needed. however if your going for something that is a little more out there it will test your patience and wallet. once i have cut the belly pan out [new exhaust tubes are 1" lower and it has made a huge difference with the holes lining up, never saw that one coming though] its done. will be doing testing next week or so on suspension and making sure its all firing as it was before i started.

if anyone wants some very detailed pics of the conversion i have a few [mmmm more like hundreds] if your thinking of doing it or hit some problems with yours, iv'e had pretty much no help on this [had to get the shims and bolt sleve made] and having rebuilt only a few bikes in the past it has been a real journey and not over yet, still got to make the graphics look the part [re sizing etc] then re laquer all the panels to seal them.

like NIKE say "JUST DO IT!", but do it for yourself, not for recognition or praise, i did it for a challenge and because i knew i could if i took my time.

next time i post should be the finished article ready to ride. [or maybe a quick photo with the belly pan fited]
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

like the grey one [2nd to last pic] is that a fireblade front end? i was thinking of doing a race fairing on the front [daytime mot] but you never know if your gonna get caught out and if it goes dark your fooked. got a removable headlight cover in same black thats just velcro'd on. think once the race rep graphics are on will look totally different again. if anyone is interested in buying it once iv'e made sure its all sound give me a shout.

was hoping to have it finished for the summer meet up this month [time permiting] and i'll pop on down on it to break it in.

cheers for the comments so far.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking good vtrmann, well done :thumbup: :clap: It should look even better with the graphic's fitted. Keep up the good work.
FirestormMike wrote: Apologies as I can't remember the guys name.. (Sirch will know)
That's JAY.B's bike Mike:-
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 30&t=14328

Chris.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

And believe me its not an easy job getting them blade fairings to line up, i tried and failed :( Might have another go one day, still got all the bits including the headlight :)
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Ahh!
Love this post :D All those sexy VTRs in all their loveliness :wonker:
They'd still all compete and turn heads at any bike show IMHO :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

Woohoo.......some sexy pics ,......who need 'ProN' 'sites when you can look at these :wink: , i just love the look of the exhaust can exiting directly where the tail-lamp should be ,......err ,need hankies quick :lol:
Stevie
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

Very nice mate, love the rear can coming out where the light was, nice touch. Mario fairings are really good too, always liked them!
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

Just come up with a name for the bike, though not very original? fits the bike imop, as i combined a vtr and a vfr shouldn't it now be known as a "VTFR" doesn't sound too daft to me, might have my graphic guy make me some mock-up decals and see what they look like. Oh and thought about puting a rather unique sticker on the bottom of the undertray/lower fairing which reads "if you can read this please dial 999" makes sense????
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Doesn't make sense.
It would read "666" if you were in a ditch.......

The number of the Beast or the number of the ambulance service?

If you called the wrong one they'd ask:
Which service do you require? The 8,000 mile or the one with valve clearances?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

the point i was trying to make was that either way if you could see the sticker your fooked. lmao
MacKrell17

Post by MacKrell17 »

:clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: Very well done VTRMANN. It looks great. I've been thinking about doing the single sided conversion for a while and I think you have convinced me. :thumbup: Really like the exhaust, but since I normally have a pillion it could get a little too hot. I think a reworked custom seat and both exhausts on the left hand side, coupled with a mario nava fairing could work ok... Anyway there was an offer of pics and parts list for the swing arm conversion and that is something I would really find handy. I've never re-built a bike before, (other than replacing all the snapped off bits after exiting stage left ... bike tage right :thumbdown: ) done a couple of cars in my twenties but am always up for a challenge.
vtrmann

Post by vtrmann »

give me an address to send the files to and ill send some over.